ive got to go out in 3 hours am terrified any ideas

Posted , 3 users are following.

my friends have booked me tickets to the theatre i have to get ready and get on train soon am very scared has anyyone got any suggestions on how to overcome my fear and actually get out of the door quick answers would be appreciated many thanks

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

• Posted

Deep breaths, Lesley.  Can you imagine your friends on here holding your hand and surrounding you, protecting you. 

Wish I had a magic wand, but I don't.  Just try to enjoy.......you will be fine.

Pat

• Posted

Take it one step at a time,first thing is leave the house,its not too scary,if you can manage step one,try step two,breathing techniques are important,deep breaths,in through the nose,out through the mouth. You're gonna have fun,think of all the positive scenarios,you'll have a ball and be so proud that you did not! Nothing bad will happen,you'll have a friend there! Hope it goes well x

• Posted

thank you corrie im just getting more scared as i think about it gotta go in3 hours hope i wont be too crazy to leave house i have to go or my friends will be gutted 3 hours to get sane thank you x
    • Posted

I understand,I have severe panic attacks and its held me back from doing lots of things,maybe busy yourself so you don't have time to think about the hours passing! I reckon it will be great fun,its just getting your foot out the door,sometimes I cant even get outta bed because of anxiety,but as soon as I take the scary first step,the rest seems to come easily!smile x
    • Posted

thanks corrie thats great advice..i know it will be fun but how mad is it when you are scared to go out and have fun...will try for you thanks for input.......still in pjs watching clock maybe start getting ready or something might help shower etc...thank you my very much x

• Posted

Go get dolled up,then you'll be desperate to get out and show the world how fab you look! Let us know how it goes,you'll have a wonderful time and when you get back you'll think wow what was I worrying about! smile when you look good you feel good!x
    • Posted

thanks corrie am stioll too scared to get dressed or showered sorry to moan but you are really helping me must switch brain off and get rolling thanks  xx
    • Posted

I can be here until you need to go! Having a shower is a good place to start! Though don't get ready to quickly then have nothing to do for a while! Hopefully this anxiety will slowly go away,it might just take some time! Dont let it win though,you're gonna have an amazing time,and you can think about us losers who are sitting in their houses today with no plans! Hahasmile x
    • Posted

thank you so Corrie u are being very helpful at this time hope i can do it.....mite leave it for an hour then i will have to do it...bricking it!!
    • Posted

youre certainly not a loser corrie youre doing so much better than me right now so big up to you!!
    • Posted

Maybe pop the tv on,or put some happy music on,get yourself in the mood to get out,if its anything like where I stay its a lovely day to get out,and remember you can take plenty of breaks for fresh air,my friends anxiety is really bad so we agree that when we go out she can leave for air and a break as much as she wants,usually she ends up forgetting this because she's enjoying herself,but its nice to know you have that choice. Have you tried beta blockers? For anxiety? I have propranolol and they're just amazing,they instantly calm me down and make me feel like I can do anything,my friend too is on these and it really does help! Maybe worth seeing your gp about itsmile x
    • Posted

cheers hun tvs on its the getting up and getting ready im having trouble with right now...im in uk cold and wet here i will get there thanks to you am telling my mind i can do this  xx
    • Posted

I stay im Scotland,and its actually nice today! I panic a lot,and my anxiety actually stops me leaving the house which in turn means I miss paying my council tax! Yesterday I was due to pay it,so I put on my favourite trousers and went out,got soaked and miserable,but when I got home I felt so proud and a little cold! Its the feeling afterwards when you know you did it,its worth it😊 just take it easy,and don't do too much at once or it will get overwhelming😊 but changing your mindset is half the battle,so we are half way there!smile x
    • Posted

oh wow nice in scotland great horrid in wales!!...am slowly changing mindset looking for clothes etc....and i am sure that you are right and well done you for doing it...im about 3 quarters there now so thank you xx
    • Posted

I think I jinxed it,the clouds are slowly coming out! Oh 3 quarters,nearly there! I'm excited for you,sounds like a lovely day out! Cant wait to hear how it goes!😊 x
    • Posted

thank you very much hun.....still really scared but im sure it will be fab once i am out of the flipping door will let you know how it goes   xxx
    • Posted

Make your fear your motivator!smile do one thing everyday that scares you-this can be todays scary task x
    • Posted

right then showered and dressed thanks to you corrie thank you so much hour to attempt makeup if hands stop shaking couldnt have done it withou you sister xx
    • Posted

Us sisters gotta stick together! The worst part is nearly over! X
    • Posted

too true sister nice one....getting the slap on now of sorts cheers sista xx
    • Posted

Thinking of you! Sorry for late reply,was picking out my new kitten😊 but I bet you're doing fine and having a ball!x
    • Posted

thanks Corrie i got there so bonus.....great you havde got a new kitten that should cheer up up immensely......struggling today but like you say face a fear a day eh...nice one!!  xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.