ive suffered for so long and I think its reached breaking point

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello my name is Matt, im 17 years old and have been suffering from anxiety for the past 4 years, well it first started off as a panic attack and I completely freaked out what it was. But anyway back to the problem as I said in the title that I have reached a breaking point, one night like any other night I was getting ready for bed but all of the sudden I had a attack, my body shivered and I sweated like crazy, but I also thought I was going crazy becasue I coukd not hear my own thoughts, but when I did hear thoughts they wernt mine. In the corner of my room I curled into a ball and cried and screamed out until my parnets came in my room and calmed me down, but the next time this happened I didnt have control of my body at all, it was like someone was controlling it. This happens every night and always happens becasue I will be having bad thougts about all the bad things in my life, im scared everyday of my life, but I do think its a serious matter becasue im getting suicide thoughts but the thoughts arnt mine, am I going crazy? Or is this just my anxiety?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi matt, my name is Deanna. i am 14 so it is up to you to listen to me.... i am going through a spert of anxiaty myself. I have had that happen to me a few times but nit every day it usually helps me when i stop and focus  on mybreathing... i live by a saying a friend of mine does... what doesent kill you makes you stronger also rather you believe it or not.... THIS TOO SHALL PASS i need to ask... what is your religion??? if u dont mind
    • Posted

i hope things get metter for you and i suggest looking into counseling. seek a professional
  • Posted

Matt, I don't want to scaremonger but please talk to your parents and go to your GP asap.  My cousin was the same age as you, going through the same thing and he ended up committing suicide.  My heart goes out to you because the teenage years are the years you should be having fun before you are hit with the responsibilities of adulthood.  It is just not fair.  Please take care and go and see your GP.  If need be take one of your parents or someone else who can act as your advocate.  
    • Posted

What you need to understand is that these are just thoughts and you are just frightening yourself,you are obviously in a high state of anxiety and your thoughts are tricking you into thinking somthing dangerous is happening, when really it is just anxiety, and you are very scared at the moment because you don't understand it.This is a common thing with anxiety you should go to your gp he may give you medication to help calm your symptoms, this forum is also very good to help with understanding that many people have gone through what you are going through and you will get better, hope you feel better soon xx
  • Posted

Hi

There are so many factors involved in the issues within our lives so it's difficult to give answers.

One thing is for sure, you will get through this if your to swiftly and with caution. If you visit your doctor first and foremost, you can start by ruling out all the things that we know we can get immediate relief from. I know some people say...the doctor is no use !!!

But believe me 99% of them know their stuff and will support you at this very difficult time in your life and, if they cannot help you , they will recommend what you can do next.

Both my children have anxiety from time to time, Only they can tell you how severe it was because they don't always share everything but one thing that has helped them both and that is sitting down together with me and talking things through. If Your parents cannot help you then it may be time to go to the talk with a professional. My daughter is doing just that....

I wish all the best and hope you find some peace.

Jinny 🐯

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.