Janstu2822

Posted , 9 users are following.

oh God, please help, took first cit yesterday, couldn't sleep and so much anxiety.took one this morning, don't feel like I can breathe, any tips please

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

All I can say is, I and many others are feeling for you. Sounds rough. Stick it out👍
  • Posted

Hi Jan

What dose did you take?  Yes it can affect you like that ... but only for a short while.  It can be tough to start with but the side effects do wear off.  Side effects can be insomnia, heightened anxiety, headache, sweating, muscle aches ....... but honestly, they do wear off.  Some people take a much smaller dose and ease up to a bigger dose over time.

Exercise helps - a daily walk, try and take life at a slower pace - don't rush about, eat healthily, try accept you'll feel out of sorts for a while .......... and lastly, trust in the meds - they will help you even though you won't feel it - yet.

The meds work slowly, but they've helped many people recover from anxiety and depression - me included.

I know what you're feeling.  You will be fine.

K xx

• Posted

3 weeks ago I was the one posting almost the exact same thing as you. For me, it got way worst before it finally started to get better. These forums have really helped me push through. Reading what other people were going through really reassured me. I knew I wasn't the only going through this hell I was hopeless. Thought I'd never better. I'm glad I stuck it out. Just started my 3rd week and finally starting to see a difference. Not out of the woods yet but feeling much better.

I hope this helps

Remember, you're not alone. ??

• Posted

Take one day at a time, Kalms will help with the anxiety and sleep problems.

take care

• Posted

Just finished wk 6 of 20mg and feeling a good bit more normal ... impatience isnt an option with these meds just need to take them and believe ... first 2 weeks I barely functioned , everything and every situation seemed threatening ...spent an enormous amount of time goggling. ..and finding I wasnt the only one helped... slowly but surely most of the side effects have improved but sleering or more specifically getting to sleep still a big issue ... started counciling but without the meds I'm not sure I'd be able to benefit from it ... just go a day at a time you'll get there x

• Posted

Hey Janstu22,

Hang in there you're almost home!!!! the first few pills can cause a great paradoxical effect and make you think they are worse when in actual fact they are starting to balance the inbalancement in your brain. I remeber my first tabs 10mg seemed like I was lossing it terrible anxiety and self hopelessness, however after sometime I felt normal again sleep returned and didnt have any anxiety or issues. You must stick at the meds though they are serontonin uptakes they need to build up in system to work!!!    

• Posted

I was on escitalopram and had the same problems. I switched to citalopram and feel much better. When I was experimenting with escitalopram I halved my dosage from 10 mg down to 5mg. That helped a bit. Another option my doctor said was to take your dosage before bedtime. Since changing to citalopram I feel much better and it's a 20 mg dose. Experiment with your dosage. If after a month try something else. Escitalopram and citalopram are very similar chemically but affect me very differently, I was surprised by how different I feel between the two. I hope this helps a bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.