Jaw tightness, clenching, sore anyone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I noticed more at night; after I take my 20mg pill, but now I feel it during the day. I thought I saw someone on here mention it made them clench their jaw more.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've been noticing this as well I believe it was mentioned as bruxism is something like that, apparently that could be causeing headaches other symptoms as well. When it was first brought up on one of my posts I brushed it off because I couldn't remember doing this but the next day or so after and ever since I've been noticing myself clenching my jaw, not grinding teeth but still I've been trying to stop myself from doing so and my headaches have come less so I dunno if it's coincidence or what lol

• Posted

Yeah, I never used to clench my jaw or grind my teeth, so I noticed it a lot last night and today (especially when eating). I could see headaches coming from that too.
  • Posted

i didn't notice clenching or grinding my teeth (i live alone, so i have no one to tell me what my teeth do at night) however, i did notice greater sensitivity in my teeth. i changed to a toothpaste made specifically for sensitive teeth - which i never had to do before - and increased my calcium intake. massages help, as well as facial exercises (you look weird, but they're helpful) squint and stretch in an exagerated manner and such - i'm sure you can find online. i also take my cit 10 in the morning, rather than at night. not sure if that makes a difference, but it works for me.

• Posted

I've haven't read of anyone getting sensitive teeth before, but maybe just general jaw/mouth symptoms is common with this med. I think I used to grind my teeth when I was younger because the dentist/orthodontist always said I have "small teeth" lol. But, as I said I said; especially at night, I catch myself clenching my jaw a little bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.