Jelly like transparent mucus

Posted , 39 users are following.

I need your help on a problem that I haven't checked with the doctor yet hoping that it's not serious. For last a few years I have a jelly like transparent, sticky mucus in my chest. I never felt any pain thereby, nor does it make me cough, but I do cough or spit that mucus out advertently. That substance keeps on developing in my lungs, or some air passage. In cold, I rarely feel minute weezing, or congestion, but I can walk 10 miles. Can some one please help me understand what that is, is it normal?, or it signifies some severe problem. For redressal, I take a lot of water, I take coffee and garlic tea as well, eat a lot of spices as well so that the mucus stays soft and easily ejectable. I also feel that I usually have a running nose, it seems to me another reason. Please tell me what it is so that I may assured that it's not something serious.  

1 like, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Edited

I have had it for four years. As a singer, my voice started cracking and after doing all the usual like cutting our dairy, got referred to a consultant who said he could find nothing wrong but there was rather more mucus than normal. He couldn't come up with anything that could be causing it nor how to sort it. So now I can't sing, and sometimes makes me cough a lot. I take Symbicort inhaler twice a day .

• Posted

Do you have the same sticky, colourless or whitish mucus which keeps coming out regularly. May be climate has also to do alot with this problem. In my area in South Asia, temperature goes beyond 45 c in summer, in cold it's hovers around 5 c. My area in dusty with a bit air pollution as well due to industry. Well inhaler thing sounds wierd, if it is something normal, then why inhaler. With inhaler you are labelled as carrying some serious disease. I don't really feel shortness of breath, but there is that sound problem that you alluded to. Tell me a bit more about your problem. Do you visit your consultant regularly?.

• Posted

Have you tried Serrapeptase? In the U.S. it's considered a health supplement, in some countries it's medication, but It is known to break up mucus naturally and safely. I have yet to try it but I stumbled on this post as I was researching it. Hopefully, it helps! 

• Posted

i know this is 4 years old but have you found any answers? Im a professional singer almost 15 years. was on the Voice in 2013. almost since that time ive been having issues cracking voice, horseness loss of range. My tone has changed and im almost to the point of giving up. ive been to the best ent around multiple times and he seen nothing. He did get me to do 4 surgeries with no help. tonsils, adnoids, deviated septum and root oit nasal cavaties. my phlem has gotten out of control and ive been coughing and hacking up little jelly phlem balls as well as waking up at night caughing and gasping for air like ive swallowed down the wrong pipe. No sleep apnea. just wondering if you have resolved your issue.

• Posted

hi i made an account just so i could reply. Ive sang since i was in elementary. i'm 21 now and i just started having the same exact problem a couple months ago. my voice cracks when i try to sing, i cough A LOT, i wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air because i feel like my lungs are about to collapse. i get allergies every year as the weather is back and forth during this time period. but this has never happened. before i got to this point, i was sick back in november 2020 (march 2021 now). i had a sore throat for about a week, and a stopped up nose for maybe two weeks but no fever. i thought i maybe had covid and wanted to be safe, it was negative. after those two weeks, i developed a cough and wheezing out of no where. they told me its my asthma. so now i take an inhaler but it doesn't seem to help at all unless i take more than the prescribed two doses. i also had a chest x-ray. showed nothing. at first it was regular mucus and phlegm that i'd cough up. a couple of minutes ago i felt the sudden need to catch my breath and cough, out comes this long, stringy, jelly-like substance in my hand. when you squeezed it, it felt exactly like jell-o and made a pop-like sound (that's gross i know but i need answers) idk what's going on and i'm getting desperate for answers.

• Edited

I've been having a very similar experience. the weird jelly mucus. mine comes up in tiny balls. its not the consistency of normal mucus or saliva. it has an odd texture and shape. the shape does not change unless squeezed.

a few years ago I had bronchitis and ever since I've had issues with what I was told is post nasal drip. I constantly have to clear my throat. I've noticed the more I cough, the more irritated my breathing becomes. wheezing and what not.

I've returned to the doctor for the breathing issues because I was afraid it was pneumonia or something. they even did chest x rays and said there is nothing wrong. just that my airways are inflamed. gave me a breathing treatment and and inhaler.

its really frustrating that they say nothing is wrong but I know I should not be wheezing for no reason.

• Posted

This is happening to me and has been happening for a few years now. Its seems to be progressing. I have asthma but trying to sleep at night has become exhausting...and it's only at night. Im a nurse and I have worked in El Paso and California recently. I slept just fine with zero breathing issues while I was gone. This makes me think my issues are climate related but if thats the case... Im in trouble because I cant just pack my family up and leave Ohio. Im miserable and need help.

• Posted

I am also experiencing the same exact symptoms, almost words for words. this has been going on for over 4 months. The odd thing is when i travel for 3+ days, the symptoms seems to go away. even after i return, it takes a couple days for the symtomps to come back. Ive narrowed it down to a few things that i am slowly eliminate. temp and humidity outside and inside, airquality of your home (molds and other air polutants. Im in the process of upgrading my home air filtration system. If that doesnt do then im going to spend 4-5 days at a friends. I am convince this is some allergy caused by the environment you sleep in. If anyone figure what the cause is, please share!!

• Posted

i have the same issue, started during quarantine and never had any issue like it. exercise and hot steam frok the shower seem to really help get it out. the phlegm is really scary, its like a jelly string and is extremely sticky. it takes a really strong cough to shake them out.

• Posted

Yall. This sounds like you guys are having acid reflux If you don't normally have acid reflux it could be silent reflux, the kind that happens while you are asleep. It can cause cough, nasal drip and hoarseness of voice. Check it out.

• Posted

Ive been suffering from the same thing for 8 years. I have had asthma all my life so i have always contributed it to asthma and allergies. I also have a history of smoking. Recently i just stopped smoking because the mucus, wheezing, coughing, and shortness of breath is to much. One of the main causes is post nasal drip. i always have draining in the back of my throat. The mucus come in all forms and consistency. sometimes strings, balls, thick, thin or a mixture. i currently take Flovent inhailer, albuteral inhailer, flonase, zyertec. bit to be honest seems like nothing helps. the inhailers helps to break it up so it can come out easier, but it is super annoying and gets worse at night.

• Posted

omg, i got sick to with a breathing issue. i was trying to stop smoking and started vaping. on day i couldnt breath and ended up in the hospital fir three days. ever since then ive had the problem. constant post nasal drip. and the tiny mucus balls and strings. its so annoying

• Edited

you need to keep your lungs inflated and clear, I have very deep synopsis so constantly get injections, the way I keep my lungs open is to vapor bath twice a day, drink at least 2-3 liters of water a day and plenty of fresh veg and especially fruit! I also rub a generous amount of vicks on my back and chest at night to keep my airways open. to vapor bath just boil the kettle and put a teaspoon of vicks in a bowl with the boiling water and place a towel over your head and breath normally to start, then start taking deeper breaths and holding it, this will allow your lungs to expand fully, I usually stay under there for 30-60mins. swimming and especially scuba diving is also very good for people with chest problems, breathing compressed air will stretch your lungs which will increase you lung capacity! hope this helps, it works for me! I was coughing up jelly, grisly, lumpy vile crap!🤢🤮 I still do, but probably 90%less than what I used to! Love&Light🙏💫

• Posted

I'm going through the same situation and Doctors think I'm loosing my mind. I'm going to see more doctors and it becoming very expensive. i think i will start doing allergy shots. i even told myself maybe i have mold in my place. its frustrating

• Posted

this exact thing is going on with me, ive had random allergy and sneezing . This came on out of nowhere hit dry cough then wheezing and mucus .of course they were testing me for covid which was neg. I almost had it cleared up and then i got covid which i had mild symptoms . lasted 6 days. But now i still have same wheezing coughing up mucus and some shortness of breath.

ive had exrays and blood work which come back fine. I am starting to think I have a allergy due yo my pets. My shoulder blades sometimes hurt .

• Posted

i have the exact same situation, now going through accupuncture and glutathione therapy, it has made quite a difference, and alternative medicines. herbs and all. Also using vantolin inhaler sometimes. The cough fits were the worse of all in the night. Phlegm buildup is insane at times.

• Posted

this is exactly my story. I've sang my whole life. mine started in 2018 and has steadily gotten worse. I can't sing anymore either. makes me sad.

• Posted

COVID 19 !

After being sick for 22-24 days in February of 2020, I have had this mucus and it's progressively gotten worse

After the World's attempt at population control a.k.a Covid-19 came about, I've had "Bronchitis" 3 times and they were all pretty bad... leaving me with constant, thick, incredibly sticky mucus!

damn China virus is gonna get what it wants...eventually

• Posted

same time nov 2020 , same way throat vessel same thing flegm Transperent ball started. i still facing serious issue daily after 6pm. if u have got any solution please suggest me. my doc even not taking my case . just prescribing salbutamol 4mg peels but it works for 30 hours only. connect

• Posted

GUYS IS BIOFUNGAL GRAPHENE... ITS FUNGAL BACTERIAL MONGOLOID GAIN OF FUNCTION CRAP... look up lookoutfacharlie on youtube and search novel human fungal infection using a non censored browser. white wood rot, shewanella, sporal tricosis,ecoli, candida strains... most of it does not come up on regular fungal and bacterial tests and must be grown in vitro to diagnose. they are often resistant to antifungals... following protocol will remove it, note these infections can go unnoticed in most and cause sensitivty to emf elf and rf signals causing a litany of problems including skin issues, eye issues, muscle twitching and weird neurological symptoms.

do this EVERY DAY for two weeks at least, then as you get results you can slow down but must maintain because it is EVERYWHERE.

Take note that herxheimer reactions and or die off symptoms are common at first but you will feel so much f*****g better.

-4-5 cups epsom salt in the bath DAILY (you can and should take small doses of this orally)

-Borax/Boron supplements DAILY (only difference between the two is extra hydrogen atoms which are antioxidant but get the boron if this scares you.. definitely bathe in the borax and use it for laundry... it is in many skin products and is important essential mineral missing from our soil and bodies)

-Benotonite clay DAILY (this should be taken orally and can be added to the bath as well, it comes in liquid oral drops. if you do powder start with half a teaspoon and up it to 1 tsp daily. ive done this for years its amazing. this chelated the heavy metals hoarded by these genetically modified pathogens)

-Potassium Asporate (take daily as directed)

-Oregeno Oil DAILY (take orally and is great soother of skin and kills fungus bacteria and parasites)

-REAL SALT!! (celtic, himilayan, or redmons real salt, take pinch orally with water daily or with each mean. put in jar and pour real oils over it (olive grapseed coconut avacado jojoba) and use as scrub in shower daily or add to bath)

-iodine or potassium iodide DAILY

-another alternative treatment for those needing it is pure msm sulfur in a bath and you can take orally... also sulfur rich foods.

-MUST USE CHELATION OF SOME SORT....

hope this helps... GOD SPEED.

cut out refined sugar as this feeds the crap.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.