Job seeking

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone..

So I graduated college in December and my anxiety started around September. Since the anxiety started I had to put a lot of things on hold because I'm always frightened that something will happen to me, and most times the pain in my chest and left side of my body won't even let me pretend to be normal in public. I'm usually in a really bad mood because I'm always in constant pain and anxious. Since I graduated I have been really worried of finding a job and not being able to keep up with it or having to call out because of how I feel. Am I ready for this? What do you guys think?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen your doctor or a therapist? Anxiety is terrifying, but, it is treatable. I'm taking an antidepressant and going to therapy and I'm in a much, much better place than I was a few weeks ago! You can get better, anxiety doesn't have to rule our lives but it can if we allow it to trap us!
    • Posted

Yeah, I've been seeing a therapist for almost two months now. She went on vacation this week so I haven't seen her in about two weeks. I use to take prozac, but it wasn't agreeing with my body so I had to stop. I'm now on propanolol to calm down my palpitations. I'm so afraid of dissapointing people and of not being able to work how I use to. I see my doctor again on the 12th and the therapist on the 7th.
    • Posted

Therapy alone can take a while, but it is worth it! I had an awful time adjusting to my meds but they're working now and my thinking is so much better!

You WILL Feel better and you will pursue your dreams!

• Posted

Hi!

I started having anxiety in late September, I'm still in college. Finding a job is also worrying me because I live alone 2 hours from my family and like the flexibility of being able to go home when I need to, but having a job would mean I'd have to stay at the apartment, which scares me. Now, I've decided I just need to go ahead and do it, cause if I don't, anxiety wins. And worse, it won't heal if I listen to it! So go ahead and try to get a small job at first, then when you feel a bit better add more hours. Hope this helps somewhat.

• Posted

I would love to go off the meds and just do therapy, but it seems like right now I have to stay doing both. Thanks for the positivity and I pray that one day I will be able to continue my dream. <3>
    • Posted

It does help a lot Julian. Thank you so much. You're completely right. I can't let anxiety win. I'm so glad that things are working out for you and I hope that they continue to. Keep me posted on how everything goes xoxo
  • Posted

Anxiety is horrible n ot cost me a good job because i slso have slot of chezt pzin n psin on lect dide but its a new year n i refuse to let this anxiety win. I hope everything goes well
    • Posted

That's what I'm afraid of. The pain most times is unberable and it's hard to pretend like it's not there. I hope that you're pain eases and that you start to feel better soon Ashley. <3>
  • Posted

I wouldn't throw yourself into a job unless you feel you are ready too, because if you doubt yourself even a small bit and end up getting a job, your own lack of self belief may cause you to be more anxious? If that makes sense I'm bad at wording lol However I see you replying to a fair few people on here and trying to help others so I hope everything works out for you!

All the best

• Posted

I understand completely, and you're right. At the moment I don't feel like I'm prepared to start a job and have such huge responsibility. My intentions are to have a job in the healthcare field and it's definitely a lot of pressure, and I will probably wait until I'm ready. Thank you for your reply and such great words. xoxo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.