job worry

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, my anxiety has become very silly over the last year or so. I miss the times when I was carefree and didn't let things affect me now everything seems to affect me and particularly with work. I always worry I am not good enough and that my work colleagues think i'm rubbish. I have had five jobs in this year I don't know what has happened to me I seem to be fine at first and then I feel trapped like it is the worst job in the world. I am not feeling like that currently as much and I realise this is become I have finally started taking medication so I think this was mainly linked to depression. I suffer from acid reflux when I am stressed, Health anxiety, social phobia and depression/anxiety. I think i'm ticking all the boxes so far. I am sick of always thinking the worst, always worrying about work and my health/family. I cannot keep moving jobs forever I have a mortgage now and my biggest fear is that I will be so depressed that I cannot work does anyone else suffer with this? I was so depressed this time last month I thought I was going to have a breakdown and give up my job then where would I be!! I find it so hard to stay calm but I do sleep well this has never been a problem for me. I want to be fitter definately I don't eat terribly but I don't drink enough either and meds have made me very thirsty and tired but I have always been tired easily for years and years. sorry for the rambling on just scared that this will be with me forever and that noone will understand around me 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I got caught up in this situation when I changed job in Summer 2013. Can you get something from the GP to help you with anxiety ? Are you currently taking anything ?

I so can empathize and I took the line to go self employed, taking control more of my life ?

• Posted

Hi I take fluoxetine for depression and diazepam when I need it. I have always wanted to be self employed I wouldn't worry so much about my job. How are you? X
  • Posted

Im getting there but very slowly. lots of life changes ( divorce being worst 0, just got to refocus
  • Posted

How are you feeling ? have you spoken with your fiance and family and got some support ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.