Jobs, Interviews, Starting new job.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys, so I'm new here and I am actually glad I've joined this to be able to speak.

So, I was working in retail, and I thought i was doing well even though that they never seemed interested whatsoever. I basically had to teach myself, but the people there (exept one person in management ) were so nice, but unfortuntally I clashed with the person in management to much and my contract was terminated.

I was petrified of getting a new job, I've had a phone interview and face to face interview after that, but got rejected. Then today, I went for an interview, and got the job, but it took me two go's to go there.

I'm scared, petrified at that. They were all looking at me, I don't like labling people, but there was like kind of chavy people there. I felt intimidated, I felt like I didnt belong there, I feel like the work that they do is way to much even though it's picking deliverys.

I don't know what to do, I start Monday, but I'm scared, I can't breathe when I think about it, which is constantly.

Anyone else been like thisrolleyes?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yeah my main reason for anxiety I feel is due to work as I talk myself out if going I've had 5 jobs this year because it's gotten so bad! So I definately know what your feeling, I think it's when we come out of a routine it kind of throw you through a loop I was absolutely fine at my job lady year which I had for 4 years but then left and it all went down hill from there sad once you gone to work you eventually get used to it but ta that initial push you have to give yourself. It's just very tough and I feel it aswell. 
    • Posted

When I had my first job I was like fine, basically got offered the job straight away.

But this feels so different. Like, urgh I felt so disconnected from it all.

• Posted

I was like that when I had my first job. I was always afraid of what others think and I got the job on my first interview. But after a week or two you know everyone, if there chav like just rise above them ignore there terrible habbits and ways as I like to say. Run with me or run from me. Hope this helped, your find mate.
    • Posted

It's like, my friend works there and when he walked past the canteen, I felt okay. But then a girl I knew was there and whispered to someone saying like " I know him"  and then the chavy people were just fixstated on me and kept looking at me. I was so stuck and confused. I was looking through the window and saw everyone working, I felt/feel intimidated because it looks like so much work that, I might not be able to handle.

The First interview I had was great, basically got the job there and then but this feels so different.

• Posted

I think you are just tended about the change in the job get exited about your new job;meeting new people
    • Posted

it's different yeah, but like, It's so hard to explain.

I'm really bad at meeting new people too, I rub so many people the wrong way.rolleyes

• Posted

Congratulations on getting your job. You will be fine. I went through what you are going through.

Just take small steps and you'll ne fine xxx

• Posted

Thank you! 

Just so used to bad things happening to me it's unreal xxx

• Posted

I hope so, I'll probably be going like a maniac Sunday night and Monday morning,  thank you loads xx
  • Posted

You have to focus on the positives and just keep telling yourself them otherwise once the negative thoughts creep in it's so hard to get rid of them, just ask yourself what really is the worse that could happen? And when you realise nothing can really harm you going, it might help, you can always bail but I know from experience it doesn't help not facing it, I bailed on this temp job I'm doing as it wasnt worth it, the way it made me feel wasn't worth it at all sad I've recently started video diaries as may help me figure out when and why my anxiety plays up but it's also good to re watch when you have your good days so you can watch them when you have a bad day, just a thought, I do recommend it x
    • Posted

I think to myself like, what would happen to my personal things. Like my car, which the family needs, am I going to get picked on like everywhere else I've been throughout school, college and first job, I don't want to bail. I keep thining ' If only all my friends worked there, that would be an ideal world for me' but thats not reality rolleyes x
  • Posted

Yes but not all work places will be the same just stay friendly you never know they may all be lovely, try and make work friends then you will feel

Much better about going there everyday, one you have settled in it will be a doddle, your car will still be there after work don't worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.