Joint pain!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello anyone else experiencing bad swollen joint pain with the menopause??? I do have R.A. but this is not a flare up, my fingers (thumbs) look like sausages chronically swollen .. And does the winter make your joints hurt worse? My heat has been running a lot with the deep freeze we are in at the moment, and I'm getting no relief. When I get out of bed the bottoms of my feet feel like I'm walking on rocks! And the frozen shoulder pain ugh!! Anyone else with the terrible joint pain/swollen.. What do you do for relief, and what makes it worse.. I feel so awful 😭

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

HI.. i get the pain but not the swelling.  I would see your doctor about the swelling as ive not seen that reported at all.  I have joint pain and muscle pain all over.. seems to move around.. get it bad in one area for a month or so then it calms down and moves to another area. Had it pretty much everywhere so far.  Knees to the point where moving around was a real issues also hips and neck being worse effected.  Also bottom of feet get very sore to the point where standing and walking is hard work . Also get swelling in my ankles which is something i have never had upto this all starting . Over all im doing a bit better now than i was a year ago. The aches and pains are not as bad ... also the headaches and migraine seem to have settled.  Anxiety is bad half the month and livable with for the rest.  I have found over that past 5 years that it constantly changes from one hour to the next and month to month. So you never know where you are or what to expect and that is hard.  Yes the cod weather does make the aches and pains worse .
    • Posted

Thanks I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better these days! This joint pain is no joke , I can't wait to get feeling better myself..

• Posted

I have the same pain in my feet when getting out of bed, my legs, hips hurt all the time, and my back has began hurting me a lot. I hope this is just from Peri and not anything new. If anyone has found relief from this symptom please share with us.

• Posted

Thanks mamaw , everything hurting on me too these days , hoping it's all peri as well, and winter cold making it much worse! Hope you find relief soon..

• Posted

Hi Gypsy, I don't have swelling, but definitely joint/body pain, some days more than others but with this cold it has been worse, especially my hands. They are actually tender when I put any kind of squeezing pressure. Doesn't help that I am on a computer all day at worksad

• Posted

Hi Suzanne, yes the hand and joint pains keep me from grasping anything as well, no more sqeezing anything while they are swollen and in pain, when weather gets nice the joints most definitely feel better for me. Hoping you find relief soon.,
  • Posted

I recall i had that, i felt like a skeleton walking on bone, my doctor put me calcium pills. Cured the walking issue, I also took glucosamine chondroitin, a good quality one, and that helped with the arthritis. Vitamin c also helps. Maybe try taking some of these supplements, especially the calcium and hopefully you'll feel better.

• Posted

What brand ? I would like to try it, but I think I did in the past and it bothered my stomach.
    • Posted

What brand of what? For calcium buy the oyster shell type, for vitamin C, but the Acerola type, it's natural made from fruit, for the Glucosamine Chondroitin, I bought one called Flex, has a man figure running, in a blue bottle. If something bothers your stomach it means you need to eat when taking it. Regular vitamin c does that, but not Acerola. Same with calcium & Glucosamine Chondroitin. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

• Posted

Hi Sochima, thanks what a good way of putting it , skeleton walking on bone! It feels like rocks hard ones as soon as I step out of bed..I will definitely look into some of those extra supplements and see if they can help...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.