Joint pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been experiencing joint pain for a while, I now have swelling in my thumb and my pinkie finger.. I am afraid to go the Dr.

My body aches all over  and I feel anxious all the time , I don't know if this is just  a part of menopause or should I get medical treatment?  I have read about rheumatoid arthritis and how it causes joint pain and swelling in fingers ... has any one else  had issues with this and what can you advise?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi grace yes I have aches and pains in my hands too. My thumbs and index fingers particularly. Sometimes my index finger feels bouncy and numb. I also have swellings and bumpy bits on some fingers! Is it arthritis maybe? Errghh so anxious about it. Maybe there are supplements we can take? I take cod liver oil and evening primrose atm....
  • Posted

Try tumeric capsules. Order on Amazon. The FineVine brand. Ask your doc about it. Or research it.
    • Posted

I heard about Turmeric being good inflammation.. what is the difference in brands? Do they have that at  Walmart or Walgreens ?
    • Posted

The brand I mentioned is only on Amazon and it had great reviews. But do your research and I imagine you will be able to find something just as good at Walmart, Walgreen, or even Whole Foods. But be careful, I found out because I'm on an aspirin regime I can't take it because it thins the blood.  If you're on type of blood thinner you can't take it. I had no idea fish oil thinned the blood. That's why before surgery then want to know what non prescription meds you're on, because some you have to stop taking them before surgery.

• Posted

Hi Grace, if your joints aren’t  red and hot then I don’t think it’s rheumatoid arthritis. Lately my ring finger joint is big and painful, not red and hot, I can’t even wear my wedding rings. 
    • Posted

They are not red or hot but the joints are big and very painful 😖 thanks 

• Posted

I had a shot in my thumb and is helped. Hurt worse afterwards but rarely hurts anymore. I also stopped all meds from rheumatologist and hired a neurologist that diagnosed with numerous food allergies including gluten.  I feel better at 51 than I did at 41. Lifestyle change. Partial hysterectomy at 43 due to fibroids as ablation only worked for two years and hormones test fine. We have too many foreign chemicals in our bodies so when the hormones start leaving the body says yikes!! I try not to eat anything out of a box.  Learning a new way to cook is challenging but the pain was too severe to continue. I had malabsorption and was not absorbing nutrients due to diet and genetics. The damage is done after 49 years of unhealthy eating but better late than never I guess.  Lost 10 lbs and lost the bloating. I’m petite but was starting to blow up and was miserable with fatigue.   Daily migraines gone.   Good luck 🍀 

• Posted

I also had a partial hysterectomy  when I was 40  that was ten years ago... I  have been trying to eat healthier. Thanks for sharing.
  • Posted

Grace,

I’m dealing with that now as well. I feel like I have no flexibility at all. Just putting shoes on is an effort. I get up from sitting and my feet hurt, I feel clumsy and still all the time.  I hate feeling like I’m an old lady at 55, makes me feel vulnerable!

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Nancy, I feel like it was as soon as I turned 50  my body started feeling every bump and strain like never before....

I love to garden and I could do it for hours but now , I have to be careful and not pull too hard or bend over too long  because I will feel it for days.

I got some advice to take Turmeric and other supplements that might help with joint pain 

I am going to start with that.

I hope you feel better and know that your not the only one going through this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.