Joint pain in hands and wrist

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello Ladies, has anyone been feeling joint pain in the finger joints or wrists? Just wondering if this another menopause symptom or something else happening.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi angie yes I have joint pain in my right wrist really bad some days aches when I move it this and a hundred other symptoms in peri been in peri about 2 yrs I’m 52 it is horrible with many things going on I think the aching joints is to do with low hormones nightmare everyday pretty much something different going on sending hugs 🤗🤗xxx

• Posted

Yes! Both hands get very achy at times, plus working at a computer all day doesn't help. I think it is a combo of meno and aging? Ugh.

• Posted

Hi Nanette, I am 53 and am actually post...almost 3 years without a period. Not to discourage anyone, but the ending of my periods did not mean the end of certain symptoms, although it is better than it was before.
  • Posted

Hi Angie, I get Pain in both wrists but mainly my right. Sometimes my arms feel week and I get pain right down my arm to my fingers xx
    • Posted

Pauline - I get the same darn pain. Mostly my right arm down to my hand but it moves around. Like it might be my shoulder then my bicep then the back area then it will be my lower arm or my thumb and hand or it might be my ring finger and pink and go up my arm. Ugh. It's been doing this for 5 months. Totally has my health anxiety through the roof. I feel like I am falling apart but I am only 41 😔

• Posted

Hi Angie, I have had pains in all of my joints and muscles aswell. Your symptoms are not unusual at all. I am sure you have had many other symptoms aswell which are many and vary from woman to woman. Keep on monitoring this site as there are alot of us here all ready to support eachother. You are not alone. Big hugs to you. X.
  • Posted

Thank you so much Ladies for your support and comments. Much appreciated!! We need to keep the conversations going and supporting one another like this! I’m a Hairstylist and I talk to so many woman that have no idea what’s happening to them and are at a loss.  Just by learning so much from each other we able to help so many others. ❤️
  • Posted

I had similar discomfort, per my doc she didn't think it was related specifically to menopause. She added Fish Oil to my daily vitamins, it seems to help. She thinks I may have the beginning of arthritis, so when it's really hurting, I take ibuprofen. I try to avoid alot of repetitive motion and/or typing for long periods of time too. Warm compresses help too.

• Posted

Pain in my hands in fingers is awful. I'm 52 yes old & peri, my periods coming & going for over a year( none from July).The night sweats, anxiety etc have been awful but nothing compared to how I feel with the pain in joints, especially my hands & fingers. They also feel swollen.

My mum had arthritis for yrs & at one stage had to get her wedding ring cut off as her fingers were so swollen. I was worried I was starting with it, but now it may be yet another symptom of this stupid menopause!

I'm taking painkillers which are useless and find the mornings the worst.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.