Joint pains in menopause

Posted , 4 users are following.

What supplements can I take during the menopause and which ones can be taken together? I've just started using serenity cream and often take evening primrose oil which others are best to take please? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi go buy some menopace, theres a few you can choose, its brill, it got me through ive had origenal, night and menopace plus ,its by vitobioics

• Posted

Thanks for the advice Trudy, sounds like Menopace is a hot fave! Pardon the pun! Ha ha xx
  • Posted

Hi Cathy

I am 56 and i have been taking one tablet daily of

1.Red clover 1000mg

2.Primrose oil 1000mg

3.Magnesium 500mg

4.Perfectil skin hair and nails

5.Glucosamine and chondroiton 1000mg

6.Vitamin E maxi strength

7.Super garlic capsules

8.Selenium & Zinc

I also drink daily the juice of 2 whole lemons in a mug of hot water but i have to add canderel sweetners ! 4 in fact.

I don,t touch alcohol or ciggarettes or take drugs except one nurofen plus if  i get back ache  or a headache.

• Posted

Thanks for your response, I'm trying a few supplements right now, and trying to eat healthy and drink less lol. Thank you so much for your advice xx
  • Posted

You can take vit B6 and B12 or you can take a multivit for menopause they have them and magnisium is suppose to be good but talk to your doctor before taking them. 

My opinion is stay away from HRT because putting more hormones into your body can cause more symptoms 

• Posted

Thanks Susan. I have had some great replies, and trying to keep to the natural route Thank you xx
  • Posted

Blimey Cathy, you've asked THE big question here!

Some ladies who have gone the hole 'natural/no HRT' route can give fantastic advice on here.

Me: like you I'm using serenity progesterone cream - now are you finding that?

I'm also a total convert to Menopace Original. What has it done for me?

Made aching joint pain 100% better. That's been great.

Overall mood improved. Don't feel weepy and feel much more 'in control'

Don't get out flushes - whether thats anything to do with what I'm taking or not, not sure, but I'm bloody grateful!!

Still can get up during the night up to 4 times for a week, so not sure if I technically class that as 'insomnia'. But I'd slept without getting up for 6hrs the other night. I knew that by remembering my last trip to the loo ha, h:-) !! I'd love a few more of them please.

Having said that I very rarely feel tired during the day, feel quite energetic. Only exception to this is I can feel knackered/fatigued as I start to come on: to be expected I suppose.

Trying a top-up of Magnesium: not sure as yet. Don't want to over-do the 'vits'-thing. I'd be very happy to stick with the Menopace cos I've felt so much better since taking it.

Maybe give that a try?

Good Luck

Sx

• Posted

Thank you for your response, yes so difficult to know what to take, I'm trying a few at the moment, and yes have read about serenity, need to give this a go, I know it could take time, it seems menopace. Is very popular! What a strange time of life, try anything to feel more myself. thanks again for the advice xx
    • Posted

* again, note to self:  proof-read before posting!! *  Think my typing's too fast for this site sometimes.  Honestly, I do have a few blips now and then, its not me making excuses......cheesygrin!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.