Joint school app

Posted , 9 users are following.

I read in the paper today that 2 orthopaedic surgeons have launched an app to help people with joint pain whose operations have been cancelled because of the current pandemic.

I haven't looked at the app, but it's meant to contain information, exercises etc.

It may be of some use. All the best to those of you who are waiting for operations.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi...this sounds pretty interesting. Do you please have the information for the app?

much appreciated...

thank you.

regards

Shirley.

• Posted

Thank you! I had my left him replacement done 3 years ago and it is doing good. Now since March I am having a lot of pain in my right knee and hip that keeps me awake at night. I am going to check into getting the app. Hopefully it will work for me until I can get into see the doctor. Thanks again!

• Edited

Does one really need an app? Just exercise as much as you can to keep fit and keep your weight down. Eat sensibly and avoid rubbish food, don't smoke and keep alcohol intake low and stay positive.

Job done, good luck. Cheers, Richard

• Posted

I tend to agree and will probably have to go on a massive diet to lose the excess weight I have just realised I have gained,, so e exercise not being an option to help with the weight loss I need to stop eating πŸ˜‚

I deal with the pain by trying not too think about it

• Edited

I'm not asking you to use it Richard!

I just thought it might be useful as it's designed by 2 orthopaedic surgeons, who probably know what they're talking about. Perhaps it has some good exercises.....

• Posted

I was told to lose weight by my GP. I was a bit indignant, as you say exercise is not an option.

He suggested I try the Fast800 diet which was devised by a doctor. I have to day it was hard going to begin with but it sure worked and has totally changed my eating habits. I lost 20kg in 5 months and have managed to keep it off despite being unable to exercise or even walk very far.

To be honest though it hasn't helped with the pain.

• Posted

Alexandria,

Have you thought about buying an exercise bike or elliptical walker. Exercise really does help pain. When I had my hip op in April 2018 and found this site a week later, I think you were on here then or not much later, I thought you had had your op, but last year you said you were seeing how people got on after their ops, as you was not confident going through with it.

As someone who left having the op for eight years due to fear, I know exercise is the best thing everyone can do to alleviate pain. When I walked I dipped a good 2-3 inches to the side as I had lost so much height on one side.

Think about getting an exercise bike, it will help.

• Edited

I'm very well aware of that thanks but please explain to me what additional benefit an app is going to do extra to a few words of written guidance..... just interested.Thanks Richard

• Edited

I think that is a terrific idea. It is knowing that you are not the only one who is going through so much pain that is good to know and that everyone is frustrated not knowing when an op can be done. I had my appointment with my surgeon the day before lockdown started. Then everything shut. I hate to think how long we will have to wait, even private hospitals have been given over to the NHS.

• Edited

I feel so sorry for you, and for all the others who will have their surgery delayed. It's such a difficult time.

I wish you all the best, Judith

• Edited

Hi Judith the app is a great idea thankyou. Just plain exercise isn't enough you also need specialized stretches and exercises to strengthen joint and muscles 😁and also watching weight etc .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.