Joy

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have only put one discussion on the forum but have to tell you all how happy I am to be back behind the wheel of my car.  I am now 7 weeks + 5 and going out for coffee without crutches and driving.  Being independant is so important when you live alone.

2 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Great news, Carol😊 I find pulling the seat back before getting out of the car helps and it's ready for when you get back in (especially if someone parks a bit close to you in the meantime). Enjoy your day out 😊☕️🍰 Jen x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Well done to you carol. At 8weeks this is a huge step forward. How are you emionally Carol, I have found this to be harder than the actual,op.and like you I have found it so important to get my mobility back because I also live alone. I have cried for England over the past weeks, I know that had my husband still been alive I would have coped so much. Better. You can't get much conversation from 4walls. Its nice to be able to go to shops again, at least the checkout girls are chatty lol keep up the good work. I'm now at 14weeks and walking unaided for at least a mile a day from tucks
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have cried more tears in the last 7 weeks than I have for many a long day.  I believe in the strenght of your mind!  It is vital to wake up and get on with a new day!  I dont have a great bend but am still working on it.  Yhe only painkillers I take are if 

I cant sleep for pain in the leg.  

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Dear Tucks, I have to say how I admire you walking at least a mile a day! Bless your heart, that is fantastic! I'm at 17 weeks now but have not reached the mile marker yet, though I walk most every day. I'm going to make that my goal now to catch up with you! smile

Take care dear lady, you are an inspiration! 

Betty

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Carol

great news about your driving keep up the great work and it's great to read some happy story's on this fuorum and your right when your living alone and always needing help from others it makes you feel like throwing your self a party I love reading these kinds of story's keep up the great work 😀😀

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Well done. It's a fantastic feeling isn't it.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up