Jumping muscle

Posted , 3 users are following.

When trying to sleep I have been experiencing an involuntary 'jumping' of the muscle on the left side of my knee. I did have this initially after my tkr whilst in hospital but it subsided until recently (4 weeks post tkr). Has anyone else experienced this and any suggestions as to why or how to stop this happening?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Its just another of those crazy things the body goes through during the healing process. Some nerve has decided to react to the new and additional activity. Don't be surprised if it pops up again a few weeks from now. It could be you are not walking with a limp or favoring the pre op pain. The 3rd time I went through this one of those night time things came back 3 months later and lasted 3 or 4 nights and disappeared
    • Posted

Thanks, fortunately it is not painful, just an unpleasant sensation. Looks as though you get as much sleep as I do!
    • Posted

I'm in the central time zone of the US so its late evening but I'll probably be awake especially since we are expecting some pretty heavy storms after midnight and it'll be loud for awhile
    • Posted

I like a good storm. I am in N. Ireland, unusually for us we have had some pretty good weather these past few dsys.

• Posted

Unfortunately these storms ate spawning tornados and golf ball sized hail. Doing considerable damage

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.