Jumping sensation in one ovary

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone ever experience this? Like a kind of "pounding" in one ovary (always the same side), particularly around ovulation? Google searches are obviously frightening the life out of me so I'm turning to you guys again! 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Bet you 10 to 1 it’s your left side. 
    • Posted

Because I listen to women a lot. While I’ve never read a study that explains this, there must be something about our “drainage”  system, that makes our left side more vulnerable. Women also complain about pain in their left breasts, far more often then with their right breast. 

Back when I was having periods, I only experienced pains around the ovary when it was the left side. So every other month, here came the ovulation pains.  But not the next month where I was ovulating on the right side. 

• Posted

I get it more like a twinge on my right ovary. I have multiple fibroids and have been told it’s that. If it’s around ovulation it could be mittleschmertz 😊

• Posted

I had it on my left but it stopped. I have pain in.my uterus now. Not pleasant where ever it is. sad
  • Posted

Hi Lou, i always used to get ovulation pain in my right side for years  up to 2 years ago when i started in peri and periods started to change. Since being in  Peri i have pain in my left side at random times not just ovulation. I have recently had an USS and no cysts but i have had painful cysts in the past but they come and go an are common. This pain is very common but as too is anxiety at this time in ladies lives so if you want further reassurance ask your Gp for an USS xx
  • Posted

I have left side ovary pain too. Mine is usually always on the left (my left breast too) US did show cyst on left and then just once i had excruciating sudden/brief pain on the right side and US showed a cyst. Mine is not always with ovulation. But, it all started at the same time as peri.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.