Just a short update people

Posted , 10 users are following.

You know my previous posts of my experience so i won't go over that all again just an update really. If anyone wants to view this post for advice or anything reply and ill try to get back to you.

Main points

1. Got glandular fever 23/06/2017
  2. Worst symptoms were anxiety, Depression and dizziness
  3. Virus has put me on thyroid medication as it caused my thyroid gland to become under-active.
  4. Recovery time will vary from person to person please be very patient
  5. Rest as much as you can so you can aid recovery if possible. I say that yet I was still working all hours.
  6. keep the faith, the virus will literally push you to the edge of your tether.

Now its November 2018 almost 17 months ago when I got this and although im pretty much back touch wood. What an experience this ridiculous virus has been. Like I say my story is in an older post not going to rewrite it. I believe the medical profession should do more research into this virus because it is literally debilitating and puts your life on hold for months.

Any questions on my experience for newcomers to the virus.

post in this thread.

Or ask the guy who really helps everyone on this forum Craig he helped me quite a lot so I thank him for that.

3 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jelly

Im so glad to hear you are feeling better, it is great news. May I ask when you were able to start exercising, and was it walking etc?

Ive had to make work a priority, so dont have much juice left in the tank to exercise atm. Seeing Im a few months behind you, hoping it wont be too much longer before some more energy returns.

Thankyou and wishing you and everyone here a healthy/healing 2019. May this coming year see us all closer to recovery ❤️

• Posted

hi yes i was still exercising during the extreme period cycling to work. But i wouldn't advice too much because you'll feel worse not better

start with small walks etc.

hope you recover soon x

• Posted

Hey Sweebee and Jelley,

Just a quick message let you know still thinking about you both, glad you are doing better Jelley and remember Sweebee you will get there too - I still truly believe that you will come out of this hard time - even Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness and the word of God was his rock and defence in that time, but He came out of that into a period of manifestion and fruit.

Hoping and praying for better times ahead for us all, thinking of you and stay strong - needing that encouragement myself just now too and thanks again for all your kind words and support too, continues to mean a lot!

Craig

• Posted

Jelley,

Thyroid issues came with mine, too. Luckily, I've only had to add iodine and thyroid extract (both natural) to my daily regimine and thing seem to be going well.

I am so glad you are recovering well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.