Just a thought I had about anxiety and how it makes no sense to me atleast. Would love input.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I was going to just post this as a comment on one of my other posts but felt it would be better to open it up to more people.

Does anyone else have the annoying feeling when they know the complete logic behind anxiety and know beyond a doubt that it is just a feeling, just a thought. But still it has the power to control how you feel it has the power to just control. It is like knowing without a doubt that there is not a door in a doorway but you still have to try to open it for some reason, it makes no sense. That is what I hate about it. If the anxiety made sense and there was a good reason behind it all, then honestly I would be ok with it, that would mean that there is a goal somewhere in the feeling that I could fix but there seems to be no goal in anxiety, no root it just exists. It is an invisible wall, no not an invisible wall it is a nonexistent wall that for some reason we, or atleast I have to abide to alot. It is real to us but does not actualy exist in reality, there is nothing holding it up just our own thoughts.

If you have another way to explain anxiety, or add to this one please do.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Very well observed.only your heirarchy of thinking holds the key to go into any door in that hallway you. Your heirarchy of thinking over rides this disorder. It can be hard and challenging but its your key. You dont bow down to it as it owns you,it doesn't as long  as you understand your automatic self calm skills are mal functioning. But you are not an unevolved animal living in the wild. You are human and humans have heirarchy of thoughts that over ride this. Once you learn how. But what you said is stunning and incredibly observant. Just clearly know you do hold the key and when you are ready and willing and stringer any and all doors open. Even if you have to walk thru that hallway with wobbly knees and shaking keep walking.

• Posted

Yes, true. But anxiety has an "amazing" way to override logical thinking. It seems to work off fear. Fear which is probably the most powerful feeling of all. Fear which can make us humans to unimaginable things. Like lift a car to save someone's life, or kill to save your own, it is something that works against logic, if someone was completly logical they would simply look at the car and say I can't lift that but fear can push them to do it. So in order to truly stop or control anxiety we need to learn how to control fear. Which would be hard sense it is a hard wired feeling. Wait, wouldn't that mean that anxiety is a disorder that makes fear more powerful, it just makes us experience fear a bit more than the rest. Because I can't imagine that just everyone else doesn't feel these fears they probably do but not as intensly as us, they can just ignore it as background static when we for some reason out it at the forefront of thought. Just thinking.

• Posted

Every time you have a thought and believe it you form a connection. A short cut. When this is done in survivor mode (fight or flight response) its a bad short cut. You make a lot of these when dealing woth anxiety. Then automatically you get anxious because your body rememebers what it felt last time. You constantly draw on past experiences in your reactions of your state of mind. Problem here is you get stuck. Stuck reliving  past experiences..or at least the body does. These are called habits. Habits take challenge and hard work to alter or break. You have to replace each and every connector consistently with positive and productive ways. fear is potent and needed to survive but not the way you use it. Learn mindful breathing so you can remove all your emotions from the fear. All your reactions are emotional with this disorder. Fear of fear, fear, sad, angry all emoitonal. The way out is to surrender. Detach all emotions. No hardcore fighting it, no ignoring it all thise are reactions to it won't work. Remove your emotions from it. Surrender to it. Thats the secret to killing fear. Fear is an emotion.  Panic attack physically is ten minute long rush if chemical to prepare your body to survive. If you surrender to it it runs its course and you go about your day. Its understanding what surrender really means here. You arent begging your body to stop it, you arent screaming reasons why to be calm, as you said fear makes you illogical, logic isnt an emotion anyway, you have to surrender to it. Then when its done use logic and heirarchy. Or the goal is to catch it before it escaltes. This is a bit too complicated to explain on here. And your are bright but young so im not sure how comolex i can get. This disorder involved all of you. We are dealing with an axniety disorder so you cant even compare yourself to some who doesnt have it anymore.you function differently. There is a nueroscientist who explains this really well.dispenza ...search that. First name Joe. He is a dr. Lol thats the best way i can write it not to go into moderstaion.utube videos will explain mind body so well and so clear. 

• Posted

Ok, thanks, haha I am trying to put hard logic on something so illogical, it is like trying to do an English class with only math. There are too many possible answers.
    • Posted

I have full belief you will forge thru all this. Might be slow and steady but you are very intelligent overall. Strong, solid heiratchy thinking skills intact. You just need more knowledge on all this. dispenzas utube stuff is helpful..Evolve your brain and breaking the habit of being you holds some great information. .see if you can watch some of those. Who knows maybe one day you will become a neuroscientist and be part of finding the core of why this disorder occurs. You keep being you.
    • Posted

Do you ever have that feeling just for a bit that you don't have anxiety. Then you start to think about it then start feeling terrible because that anxiety just rushed in like, "did you just say something about me"?

• Posted

Hahaha absolutely. I didnt have it for a long time and did that and it came back. It awakens the memories. Very bad idea. I think everyone has done that and it regretted it.
    • Posted

Haha, ok, good. I almost felt completly "normal" a few minutes ago then well that happened. Now I am not sure if I ever felt normal. Like I might have but I don't know, I can't remember a time when I wasn't like this, but then again I don't remember a whole lot from my past. It is a little scary to think of how much I don't remember.

• Posted

I am now picking up on little habits I have when I get anxious. Small, subconscious stuff like I move my bracelet back and forth on my arm. Or keep on readjusting my watch, or pick at my figure nails. It is weird I have never noticed this. I don't know why I am telling you this, just I want someone to talk to about this stuff. Someone who doesn't know me, who I will probably never see the face of. Just someone. Is that ok?

• Posted

I am not sure but one of your posts have been moderated for some reason. Just making sure you knew.
    • Posted

Didn't you mention a YouTube channel that talked about anxiety? What was the name of it again i can't find it in your posts.

• Posted

Is it "normal" to have anxiety about talking with people? Just in general.

• Posted

Yes that happens. To be honest you probably dont really care what they saying. You got a lot going on in your own world and they are jabbering on abiut what probably feels like nonsense.lol . Dont worry to much about that right now. Hopefully after you get set uo and organzised with handling the anxiety that will calm down, 
    • Posted

thers a couple nor allowed to post them on the forum. Inthiught id send them to you in messages. I dont recall if i did. If your messages are red click that. Otherwise search in you tube beaking the habit of you.   This guy disoenza talk about it. Wonderful stuff.  The other is mindfull breathing 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.