Just anxiety? Can't calm down.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I've been pretty much running around my kitchen making dinner not thinking about my anxiety or dizziness then I noticed my fingers start burning and I'm kind of going numb in a way. Like im not real and I can't really taste or feel that I'm drinking my POWERade. My heart rate was up to about 120, I started getting dizzy and feeling like I was just going to lose control and not be able to calm my body or mind down. It's getting close to being dark, the sun is setting now and that's when I get most dizzy. Is all this just anxiety and my inner ear issue? I'm outside and my hearts called down but my mind is still racing a million miles per minute.. this is maddening. Does anyone have any advice? Is this just my anxiety getting the best of me? Ugh I just want one dang normal night. rolleyes sad :'(

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I feel for you ... been there...not good...sooo hard to take control of too.

Someone told me...your nervous system needs calming. So I read up on it...there is lots of info out there if you take time to read up on it. Give it a go.

If you do 't find anything message me and I'll send you what I found.

Good luck,

Jinny

• Posted

I didn't answer ur question about forgetting things , when I was so messed up I had no attention span so naturally I wasn't even taking in  hardly any info because I was so anxious, all I focused on was how I felt day in and day out. Every little twinge was a new death sentence. It could be the slightest thing and I would dwell on how that made me feel so I didn't remember much and paid no attention because I paid no SPECIFIC attention to anything but how I felt. Everyones memory slips when they have bad anxiety and then they start worrying that they are loosing there mind. Trust me ur not loosing ur mind. . 
    • Posted

No I never really heard or thought of taking any mood stabilizers. The lorazapam used to work for me well when I was super anxious. I really do think it's because I'm nervous about how it makes me feel and shoots me an anxiety attack. I eventually get over it. It's weird.

I am always feeling like im going crazy, lol. The "what ifs" start popping up in my head. It's terrible. I wake up anxious, my mind is wandering and running a million miles per hour so it's hard to get back to sleep in the morning. Just normal thoughts of what I'm going to do today makes me anxious, sick to my stomach and dizzy. It's like when I try to think about something I need to do later on in the day or later down the road in life picturing it in my head starts to make me dizzy and anxious. Does that make senses? It's all super hard to explain. Lol I used to get only brief times where I would feel that way now it's only brief times where I have my sanity and a clear head... and that seems like it's going away. Ugh.

• Posted

Hey Lockerby,

When was the last time u felt o.k. as in normal where u were functioning?

Have u been to a shrink ever?

What antidepressants have u stayed on for at least 8 weeks?

Are ur parents unhappy u are living there?

Did u say ur girlfriend lives there too?

Let me know when u get a chance. How are u feeling tonight? It doesn't look like u felt good at all today.

• Posted

It depends on the day, some time I feel okay but not 100 percent normal. Still semi funny in the head.

I haven't seen a CBT yet but I want to.

I haven't stayed on any med for that long. The only thing I take even close to that is ativan but only as needed. Never took a SSRI for longer than 2 days.

My mom's okay with it, her husband doesn't like anyone and yes my gf lives here too. I got my job today and start another part time Sunday at home depot.

Tonight I feel a bit better, I was anxious most of the day then it calmed down a bit and I decided to take half an ativan and I feel a big better. A full one would have been a better bet I'm sure but I was just testing the waters. Normally I let them displace under my tongue, this time I just swallowed it and it didn't hit as fast, so I think it slowly coming on helped better.

• Posted

Wow good for u. Part time at home depot too? Hot dog. I was just wondering how many months or years have u been struggling with this, I had a feeling u have never gotton on a drug at all to help with this darn anxiety except an atavan that only works and is only taken after the gas pedal gets stuck at 100 mph, and ur already freaked out. This is just a suggestion, why don't u get to ur doctor next week and get started on something, could be zoloft or something.You may or may not have to try more than one, but u need to start somewhere. You will get ur energy back and feeling like tackling the world for the first time in a long time.I am so glad to hear u feel better tonight. 
    • Posted

This has been on going since early February. I had anxiety back in 2010 and it lasted a few months like this and I got over it. I had only taken ativan one time and that was in the hospital. This time feels a lot different because of the dizziness in my head, the ringing in my ear, and the semi muffled hearing in my left ear.

I tried Lexapro for two days but the headaches were horrible and it made me so sick to my stomach I couldn't eat or drink anything. It was horrible.

It does feel nice to relax a little bit, it's hit or miss but for the most part I'm calm.

We also found a house!! I just need to bust my butt to come up with the move in fee. They said they will hold it for us. 2 Bed 2 bath, beautiful yard, washer and dryer, all electric, it's perfect for us.

• Posted

Oh my gosh things are looking up. That is such good news. When is the baby going to be born. It sounds like u are a butt buster, I am blown away u have 2 jobs feeling like u do, but u got over it once u will be over this also soon. I bet as soon as u get over this hump and get this place of ur own life will definatly settle down.How much is ur move in fee?
    • Posted

The entire move in fee is going to be 1100. The baby is due December 10th.

The job situation is going to suck for a while until I'm stable and I get used it. Once I get the ball rolling I should be fine but I'm going to be stressed a bit until then.

• Posted

Did u say u have a dr. appt next week or did I just think that? When do u start ur new jobs? Yes it may be stressful a bit for sure but is there anyway u could start taking small doses of atavan throughout the day to start calming ur engine down so ur not so uptight at work. I mean break a pill in half and take it every 4 hours. It would definatly slow the engines vibrations down a bit. That was the one thing my Dr. made me doo thank god was to take a xanax every 4 hours he said to stop the thinking in the loop he said it was the only way to stop my mind as it went from one fearful thought to the other and I couldn't stop it. The atavan should do the sa,e thing. You will not feel wierd breaking a pill in half every 4 hours consistetly, but u need to tell the Dr. what ur doing if u think it may work for u during this transition time.
    • Posted

I do have an appointment sometime next week, and I start my jobs this weekend. Uh yeah it's possible. I am supposed to be taking .5 twice a day as needed so yeah, it's possible that I could break them up. 1 every 4 hours for 16 hours would actually work. I think tomorrow I'm going to start slow and take half of one in the morning and in the evening and try and time how long it works. The pills do make me feel a little funny but it could just be my anxiety because it goes away.
  • Posted

Hey Lockerby another frug to talk to Dr. about possibly a beta blocker if u have rapid heartbeats which I think u said that does happen it keeps u much calmer and or a mood stabilizer also could be a topic of conversation with him. Just a thought. Im sure it must be stressful living with ur moms husband if he doesn't like anyone and a baby on the way, it could be part of this big stressor going on plus no job for a while all adding to the mix. It's no wonder u feel like crap. But it sounds like things may be looking up even if can't quite believe it.
    • Posted

I was reading up on Zoloft and mood stabilizers earlier today actually. Not sure what a beta blocker is. I do have rapid heart rate but then sometimes when I'm just relaxing it's down to 50 and 60s.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.