Just been diagnosed

Posted , 1 user is following.

Can anyone please advise me if I should be able to feel a lump when I swallow?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I can totally relate to that I was diagnosed 2 years ago and was in a right mess I had just had a baby (3 months before) and had every symptom going although my Dr insisted i had post natal depression, i had what could only be described as a frog in my throat i continually wanted to swallow as if to rid myself of it but it never went, after being on medication for about 2 weeks I noticed it had gone. Hang in there the medication will make you feel a new person.
  • Posted

Hi my throat feels very dry at times and it makes me cough is this the same thing Im on 100mcgs of thyroxine now so hopefully that will cure it has any body elae got dry throat that makes yr voice aound hoarse????

fleetwood x

• Posted

[/i]

Hi, I suffered with my throat for quite a while before being diagnosed, My throat had a tight dry feeling and was made worse by drinking coffee to the point where i had to stop it all together.

Also i could no longer shout as it left me hoarse for days if i did.

One year on from being diagnosed and taking 100mg levothyroxine my throat is a lot better, although shouting is still a gamble as most times i end up feeling horse and dry for a few days afterwards.

I thought it was just me as i have not heard anyone else mention it on here, so nice to know im not the only one.

Not so sure about feeling a new woman in my experience!!! but feel better than 12 months ago.

• Posted

hi lainey yes I have same problem when I shout my throat goes really dry and tight feeling and then hoarse and makes me cough Ive been getting my thyroxine upped and upped for about 8 months now and my tsh levels just seem to keep rising Im starting to get a tad despondant WILL THEY EVER FIND MY LEVEL!!!

fleetwood x

• Posted

[quote:5e678211be=\"fleetwood\"]Hi my throat feels very dry at times and it makes me cough is this the same thing Im on 100mcgs of thyroxine now so hopefully that will cure it has any body elae got dry throat that makes yr voice aound hoarse????

fleetwood x[/quote:5e678211be]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.