Just can't relax!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on citalopram for over 10 years, I recently came down from 20mg to 10mg but I had to go back to 20mg in the last couple of days as I'm having a really bad time with my panic attacks in the last week! I feel anxious 24/7 it is horrible, can't eat, shake.... Been given some diazepam yesterday and had one last night. Don't think it's helped. I was hoping to wake up and everything to be ok again but nope. I'm working from home today but unable to concentrate. I decided to take another diazepam at 12.15pm but I really don't think it's helping me. Totally had enough to feel this way!! I want it to end now right this minute! sad I try and do my breathing pretty much all day long. I m always worried of feeling like this and seeing myself like this. I wish I was all good for when my partner comes back from work after. I know that by being like this I bring him down too and I hate it!! Distraction is good but when ur supposed to work and ur mind is racing its so hard. Plus I don't know for you but for me sometimes I'm either like I need to move and be on the go or sometimes I almost feel like I can't move like I have no energy to do anything. Anyone else like this?

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

dear Babette,

getting complacent and thinking that you are better, then reducing the dose will only bring back the panic attacks of anxiety.  Hopefully the diazepam will relax you but give it a bit for the other drugs to work again.

Richard

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It is probably because you have taken the drugs for so many years, it will take a while for your body to get back to normal again. Did you just stop the citalopram all of a sudden? because you are meant to taper off it not just stop otherwise you usually get the symptoms you are describing.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I went from 20mg to 10mg about a month and a half ago. I've been on 20mg for 3 days again but had such a bad bad day today sad first time back at work in 4 months. I had to pretend that I was ok but they could tell and told me I looked tired. The anxiety feels so intense and horrible! sad( mAkes me wanna scream its insane!! I'm not taking the diazepam anymore as I took two tablets and I didn't feel any different. I'm hoping that I felt this way as the 20mg is kicking in. I just realise that I will never be able to come off those tablets am I?... sad
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up