JUST CHECKING IN...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Luckymum, Jacqui, Deb and others..

I haven't been able to check in with you all.. miss you!

I am now on Family Medical Leave of Absence from my job, to take care of my father.  It will not be long now.  I am with him 24/7.

The life cycle really is smething... my faith is even stronger now.

I do still feel my long abdominal scar.. From Nov. 11th, I still have a THICK, CORD LIKE scar... hasn't gone down yet... I do have soreness when I lift my father in/ out of bed.. but I have to.

I hope you are all recovering well... "my hyster-sisters"

I will try to check back once in a while.

Feel better all, you will get stronger each day!

peace & love...........Mary, USA

3 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mintdream

good to hear from you, im sorry to hear your having a rough time, cant beeasy for you at all.

cant imagine how you must be feeling.please take care my prayers are with you and your father.

my scar is still exactly like yours snd still tender too sad

Best wishes

Luisa

• Posted

Thank you Luisa smile

You know... I had a 3 part knee surgery in July, full abdominal hysterectomy in Noember, and now... still healing from both, and care giving for my father full time.

I know someday.... I will be normal again...until... I heal both physically and mentally  sad

thank you for your caring words!

Your friend... Mary smile

• Posted

Hi Mary

So lovely to hear from you.  Have been thinking about you and your Dad.  So glad you have your faith Mary, it will be of great comfort to you.  

Oh Mary, I know you have no choice but please be careful, especially lifting your father in and out of bed.  You could do great damage to yourself and undo all the good work.  

My good news is the Queen Elizabeth Hospital are operating again and even working weekends to catch up,lol the bad news is  the waiting time is now 4.5 months!  cry  

The Tai Chi is coming along, I checked with Ian's physio therapist about him doing this and Jack (he is lovely) has incorporated it into Ian's homework so we can both do it together.  

I know you are going to be very very busy looking after your father and making him comfortable but let us know when you have a moment how you are doing.  

Sending you and your family love across the water. smile

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Hi Jacqui...

I had to sit down 3x times today...just too much lifting a man, NOT heavy mind you, but dead weight... I told my husband, I have to sit down...

What really hurts is when I get him in the hospital bed (in my living room) and I have to pull the sheets from over his head to get his feet off the edge... the first few times it was fine, but now... I feel it, and its not good.

When my husband is home, he can do it.. but he will be off to work tomorrow, and I  KNOW I 'll have to do it at least 3/4 times.. my dad wants to get up to use the bathroom...

ITs a lot of work for me, the timing is not great, but we do what we have to do.

I appreciate the love and concern!  You guys are so awesome on here!

I  CAN'T BELIEVE THE WAITING TIME.. OMG!  THAT'S CRAZY!

Well.. I"m sure you are NOT alone waiting on things.... Just keep patient.. I beleive all things do/don't happen for a reason.

Thanks again Jacqui!!

xoMary

• Posted

Hi Mary

So sorry to hear your having such a hard time at the moment, you really an inspitation for all of us.  Thoughts and prayers to you and your father at this time, and we hope we hear from you soon.

Tina xx

• Posted

Me.. an inspiration!?!?!  Wow.. not sure about that... I've gone through everything that you all have/will.. that's why I LOVE this site... we KNOW how we all are feeling.. it comforts me!

Every day i feel m thiick cordlike scar, I remember it all, all over again... guess that will stay with us..physically and emotionally.

But now my focus is on dad... I pray for strength each day...

Thank you for being such a wonderful friend here!

Luv you guys!

Mary smile

• Posted

Sending you positve vibes and big hugs, stay strong and look after your father but remember to look after yourself too xxx
    • Posted

hey you !!!!!!   smile  smile

HOW ARE YOU FEELING??????????? 

I hope you are doing well... I told you, you would be fine!  We all told you!!!  Now just take it easy  smile  I know you have a super hubby smile

Thank you for those vibes.. I really do feel them!

I know I need to still look after myself, but that is taking a "backseat" so to speak right now..

I feel god won't let me get bad, he knows I need to do things..

Dad had about 3 close ones.. thought that was it... but he came back.. it is an emotional roller coaster.. and I'm on the ride.. it will come to an end.. soon.

I will let you know.

Thank you so much, you were so kind to dad sharing your bedtime poems.. he loved them!  I think I will read them again to dad tonight!

peace & love.. Mary smile

• Posted

Bless you Mary, you are an amazing woman, your dad is so lucky to have you xxx
  • Posted

Hi Mary

so sorry to hear your going through a tough time at the moment my thoughts aNd prayers are with you. Xxxx

• Posted

Hi Shelley... that is so nice of you to send a note.

Thank you!

I really don't feel alone... you guys are so amazing here... here I am dumping my "extra" issues.. and you guys are right there! xo

I hope you too are well!

Thanks again... means a lot to me!

• Posted

Your welcome Mary you are such a strong and inspirational person love to you and all your family xxxx
  • Posted

Hi Mary

have you got a slide sheet for your dad, it could really help im sure, have a chat with the district nurse or chat with the red cross, you can borrow lots of items from them for a small donation.

Anything to help

you are a very brave lady, yes we have all gone through the big op but you are dealing with a physical and emotional rollercoaster on top.

thinking of you

Luisa

• Posted

Hi Luisa smile

I don't know what that is... BUT BOY DO I LIKE THE WORD "SLIDE" SHEET!

Now.. I get him in, like dancing with him, and guide him in... his feet ALWAYS are toooo close/over the edge.. so then I drag the sheet from behind him.. BOY do I feel it in my belly sad

When my husband comes home from work, I have him do it.. but during the day.. many times I am..

Not sure about "brave'.. its just something I have to do.. for my dad, and for my mother (has past)...

We get inner strength in life when we need it..and faith helps!

Thank you for all your kind words... means so much to me!

Hope everyone here is resting well, healing well and awaiting w/o too much stress.  You guys are the best!

• Posted

You should google it, I work for dental services for adults and children with special needs, we use slide sheets alot, and they are brilliant.it would take all your straining away.im sure you can buy them on amazon and pharmacy store also.happy to help if need be.

my healing is ok.still pulling in lower stomach and sore around scar. be glad to feel normal again, whatever that may be.

You take care of yourself

best wishes

• Posted

I have a nurse coming in today... I am definately going to ask her..

thanks for the tip!

And I hope your "normalizng" is coming around... slowly but surely.. you'll get there girl!

thanks much!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.