Just checking in

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say hello and check in to see how everyone in this group was doing. Especially those of us who had the procedure a bit more recent than others such as myself. I cannot remember if I shared, but after my roux en y procedure in December last year, I ended up back in the hospital on Christmas Eve due to my incision spreading an infection in my system, so they had to go back in and flush out the infection and then I didn't get to go home until a week after New Year's this year. I was sent home on antibiotics to help clear everything up so overall with having lupus also my recovery took until about the beginning of February.

Fast forward to now, you guys won't believe this but unexpectedly, I found out at the beginning of March this year that I was 4-6 weeks pregnant and had no idea. The surgery had my cycles going crazy and irregular but my husband and I thought we were being careful enough. It really has been a miracle as I was told in 2016 after my lupus diagnosis I wouldn't be able to conceive due to the severity of my lupus. It has been rough and painful at times, especially when the baby hits growth spurts, I get alot of pain around where the surgery was done or in the upper area of my abdomen. I'm having a baby girl and have to be induced at 38 weeks which will be some time towards late October and i'm pretty nervous and scared about all of this but trying to remain as positive as I can.

This has been such a rough and odd year altogether but I hope each of you are staying healthy and well aside from COVID-19.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hey Praise God for the pregnancy! I'm new here, but wanted to say I hope for the best for you, and I'm happy to have heard you got through your surgery even if it was eventually.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.