Just curious - what are your cycles like, if you still get a period?

Posted , 18 users are following.

So, I used to be clockwork 28 day cycles. Then back in the spring, they became clockwork 21 days (yippee) and then over the summer, I had a couple 'longer' cycles (30-ish days). I didn't get a period at all in September, and then it came very late in October into November. Then bam - 21 days later, another period and this one just started after 23 days. I had barely any bleeding on Wednesday, yesterday was medium and I can already tell it's tapering off today. I know they can be all over the place in peri, but I had thought they'd be further apart and heavier, not closer together and lighter. Hmmmm....

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm 49 and mine are every 28 days. I used to have spotting the first day or two then heavy then back to spotting so a total of 5 days. Now it seems to be more heavy with large clots. I eat spinich everyday as well as a few other things with iron in it. Also take an iron supplement a few times a week-- blood test over the summer was a good.The Dr told me to get an ultrasound done just to make sure things look good especially with the heavy bleeding I've been having.

• Posted

I forgot to mention that I use the Clue app to track my periods and symptoms. It is hands down the best app I have ever used. It's completely free and they don't send you anything or ask for in-app purchases. It's just a cool, easy tool that keeps track of everything, Disclaimer: I don't work for them, just a happy user!

• Posted

My periods are still regular every 27-29 days but I have noticed changes in the flow...heavy the first 2 days and then light.

My symptoms of estrogen deficiency are severe, though.

• Posted

Mine got very light towards the end. And spotting here, there and everywhere. I am now 9-10 months period free and possibly on the menopause road now. I say possibly because they could easily come back and screw me over again. haha

• Posted

Hi tebrown 😃

Mine are an absolute nightmare - all over the place! My most recent two were one which lasted 6 weeks - very light but constant. Then 2 weeks after that finished, I had my heaviest one for many years, including abdominal pains which are new to me - except for the first 3 months after I had a coil put in. Four days of nappy-size pads, changed hourly (when I had chance). It's so inconvenient - i do a lot of sport - and extremely unsexy - I'm still in the 'trying to impress' stage of a new relationship. Sometimes however, I can go 2-3 months with nothing! I wish they'd just stop.

• Posted

was clockwork every 30 days from age 12 until 47. For the last six months my periods have been 14 to 21 days apart but then one time I didn’t have a period for two months. Length of period same-4 days. Seems a little heavier than normal with definitely more clots. Sometimes it is a darker brown at the beginning and the end instead of just being at the end. no spotting or flooding in my entire life even with 3 pregnancies but worried that's next. PMS symptoms or what have really gotten bad. feelings of rage when my period starts which I’ve never had before. Boobs are tender about half the month!

• Posted

After 8 months of no period, I had another one in Nov. It was very heavy bleeding, horrible cramps. It was just awful. I spotted the entire month of October from brown to red. My periods used to come every 28 days. I had the worst hot flashes, but for some reason those stopped in September. I still can not figure out why. I thought I was done after no period for all those months, and threw out all my sanitary products. I now have learned that you must keep them on hand, and carry something with you just to be safe. Uggggg

• Posted

NO period for 3 months and then bang came again yesterday! but very irregular as well, was every 21 days but over the last 6 months anywhere between 30 and 45 days and twice over the six month period had them and then two weeks later get them again.

• Posted

Hi just had my longest gap 65 days no periods then bang period, which is painful. the last time i missed one month i then bled for 27 days. I have missed 2 periods this time and dreading how long this one will now last. 😦 x

• Posted

i just got mine too after a long gap. It's been five days and doesnt seem to be lightening either. Hope I'm not headed for the month long one. ugh

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.