Just diagnosed with BV 5 days ago...I still hurt.

Posted , 1 user is following.

After 7 months of no sex, I had protected sex with someone.  He fingered me for a bit first. Another couple days later I started my period.  It seemed longer than normal...then this awful pain began and got worse. I was diagnosed with a vaginal yeast infection and BV.  The doctor gave me metronidazole for BV and fluconazole 

for the yeast infection.  I'm on day 5, still have a swollen pubic area and now the burning has come back.  Honestly, I am getting a little worried that it could be more....any ideas?  Anyone else get swollen with discomfort?  This is my first time and I'm very uncomfortable.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Also, my swelling is on the right side of pubic area.  Not sure it matters...just really weird.
  • Posted

Do you have a smelly, fishy discharge especially after sex? If so those are symptoms of BV and thick cottage cheese discharge is yeast.

To answer your question yes I've had both infections and it cause pain and makes the vagina area swollen. It can take several days for the yeast infection symptoms to fully disappear. The medication the Dr gave you really works...I used both.

Hope this helps

• Posted

Ok thanks..,not sure why the right side of my pubic area is still a bit swollen.  Is that what you mean by vaginal area?
    • Posted

Yes. One side can swell more than the other or both sides can...those are just the symptoms of a yeast infection. Inflammation.
    • Posted

Ok...how long does swelling take to go down?  I figured day 5 would look normal down there.  Thanks for answering my questions.  I haven't had one in a long long time. 
    • Posted

Not a Dr but from my last recent experience with a yeast infection, I said the same thing "it should be less swelling now since several days have passed" but it took a good 10 days for things to be back to normal.

If I was you, I would start taking a probiotic so you don't have to go through this again. Fem dophilus for bv and acidophilus for yeast or eating yogurt daily works wonders!!! I slacked off that's how I ended up with a yeast infection

Your welcome, I know the feeling so I'm glad to share my experiences with you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.