Just entered another bout......

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I am looking for reassurance that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am really quite ill again. I have suffered with recurrent depression for the past 25 years and I currently feel the worst I have felt for 10 years. I am scared.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Cheers Neil. Hope you continue to progress. I definitely felt like I was turning a corner yesterday evening. Mood lightened a bit, concentration improved slightly, head became less numb, etc. Probably predictably did not feel quite so good this morning (cortisol levels ?) but pleased I have kept going again today. Instead of shunning my friends, I invited one over this morning. Gave him a cup of tea and some ham rolls (no need to get too technical when concentration is compromised), we had a good honest chat and took his dog out for a long walk. Since lunch i have managed to cut the back grass, do some strimming and fix a simple problem with the garden shed. Pacing myself ok i think. Not out of the woods yet but encouraging signs. Defo going to do a mindfulness course when i am well again, to help me stay well. Fair play to my gp who recommended it.
  • Posted

Think that I am emerging out of this nightmare. Definitely out of clinical depression and into a kind of vulnerable- but- just- about- connected state. Thankfully i think i will be able to go on holiday tomorrow. I doubt that my concentration will be good enough to drive and take charge of things like i normally would, but my wife is a good person and will do what is necessary. I always feel such relief when a bout is finishing.
  • Posted

Everything will be okay, keep reaching out to people

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.