Just feel strange :(

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone ever feel like they just don't know this world anymore like it feels strange and weird? And then when that happens I get really anxious and start to panic about it- it's really hard to explain but then I think about something I enjoy and I perk up a bit for say half an hour, hour and then suddenly it creeps back in and boom I'm back to feeling strange again? Is this all anxiety related? Ive been on citalopram 10mg for 5 wks and I thought I was getting somewhere and feeling better about going back to work on Monday past but I just couldn't go in the way I was feeling and I was really anxious all weekend about a meeting I had with them on the Wednesday so my doctor upped the dose to 20mg now? Do you think these tabs have side affects?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Most medicactions can have side-effects. In the Citalopram this include:

drowsiness, dizziness, weakness;

anxiety, feeling shaky, sleep problems (insomnia);

vision changes;

nausea, loss of appetite, diarrhea, constipation;

dry mouth, yawning;

cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat, cough;

increased sweating;

changes in weight; or

decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.

It is recommended that you should contact your doctor if you experience any problems when taking this drug 

• Posted

This drug can take time to be absorbed into your system and for any benefits to be realised.
    • Posted

Thank you, I do have some of these symptoms like appetite up and down, dry mouth, yawning, low sex drive, feeling hot and cold - I will make an appointment and go see him next week!
    • Posted

That is the correct thing to do Jintybell whenever to are having problems like this or just in doubt.

Best wishes

Rod

• Posted

Thanks Rod just feeling odd and my heads just buzzing about trying to figure itself out lol do feel like I'm going crazy mental at times.

Janine

• Posted

We all feel odd from time to time Jintybell, but the soundest advice at a time like this that anyone can give you is for you to get it checked out by your doctor.

That's what they are for and what they are paid for.

Be assured of one thing though, and that is you are not going crazy.

It's just a difficult time for you at the moment and your doctor can help.

xxx

Rod

• Posted

It's called Derealization. Very common but scary anxiety symptom. Sorry you have to deal with it, too sad
    • Posted

Thanks Jen have you had this? I must say it is pretty scary and I feel like I'm going crazy at times then feel very vulnerable and need a good cry!! Doesn't help that I'm off work with my anxiety but back on the 2nd March after my doctors line is up and hopefully this will take my mind of it!!
    • Posted

I had it pretty bad for a few weeks. After being on citalopram for 3 months, I have stopped feeling it. I had side effects from citalopram, but I rode them out and they eventually go away.
    • Posted

Thanks Jen, hopefully it will pass soon then cause it's horrendous- it's like you are juggling your thoughts and emotions trying to find happiness!! Weird

Janine

• Posted

Citalopram can take up to 8 weeks to work fully.
    • Posted

Hi jen

So did the citropram help with the derealization and if you had depersonalization did it help with that also.

• Posted

Side effects for sure. You need to wait a while before the side effects die down after increasing the dosage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.