Just getting a tad concerned now

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm so sorry to be asking more and hope I'm not coming over as self obsessed!  Since the physio told me about a week ago to stop pushing the knee to the point of the excruciating pain at the back of the knee when I was getting 115 degree bend, I've got less and less bend!  We're now on about 100 - 110, depending on something (don't know what!).  I've not been on any painkillers for weeks, the normal ointments at the back of the knee aren't helping.  I am icing and elevating, but something Clive said about the hot bath is making me wonder if I should be applying HEAT anywhere - back or front of knee????  OR should I be asking my GP for a REALLY strong painkiller just to try and get that bend back once a day or something?  OR is it all par for the course and as it all heals this back of the knee thing will sort itself out and the bend will come back?  I'm fumbling my way through this!  Oh boy, at the end of this I'm going to be a knee expert LOL!  Until the other one is done and it's all different LOL!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Just thinking now - I used the Voltarol as a one off and expected it to work miracles, but am now thinking perhaps I need to use it the three or four times a day for a few days or so to achieve what it needs to?  Just got 108 degrees without the pain kicking in - is that reasonable (I know it's not as good as the 115 I had a week ago!) for coming up to four weeks?  If I can hold on to that for a week or so while maybe it settles down? 

• Posted

Did you say you were at four weeks?  I'm entering the 5th week and my rom went from 110 down  to 80 because of swelling.  Every time I push the bend the knee swells.  Over also wondered if heat would help. I live with the ice bag.  

• Posted

Thanks Duckfan.  Maybe this is just a phase then!  Has anyone used heat to help, say before exercise or something.  I am now using the voltarol three or four times a day as it says.  It hadn't occured to me that it might not work with just one use, but that it builds up over days.  I think I was a bit silly there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.