Just had an MRI -C Spine 08/27. Results vague over phone.

Posted , 5 users are following.

My MRI (head and neck area) was done a week ago and when I called in for the results, the only thing the nurse could tell me was that there was abnormalities when reading the MRI. The doctor won't be in for 2 days to explain the report to me. Should I be worried? I am in excruciating pain (feels like nails being driven in my head/neck 24/7) and he nurse on the phone said she couldn't tell me anything because she's not a doctor. Nothing helps and it hurts to even blink! All sorts of things going thru my mind-, brain cancer etc. I think if it wasn't something the nurse wouldnt have said abnormalities!!!!! Now what?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If it was bad they dont wait at all. So that part is good. Then they will discuss whatever abnormalities with you but they may be abnormalities that mean nothing.
    • Posted

Most everyone has a bulging disc here or there so if thats it, its whatever. Just saying. 
  • Posted

Even the smallest abnormality is considered an abnormality.. I do know one thing, they would not wait for the doctor to be in if it was something extremely serious or life threatening, they would have paged the doctor and he would've called you immediately. Try not to worry, but whenever I have to wait I get anxious and feel the exact same way.. Just take comfort until you get the details that it is not anything extremely serious. Feel better.

• Posted

Abnormalities doesn't just mean worst case scenario. It could be a multitude of things including minor things which just need another look before they can be sure .

So it won't be long now. Hope you have a good support network around you. If not we are here for support too.

😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.