Just had gallbladder removed now having ovarian cyst type pain ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Wondering if anyone else has gone through this ...

I am 42 and just had my gallbladder removed last Monday March 27, 2017

Seem to be healing well enough from surgery , still get tired easily and have diahrea but other then that I am doing ok !

Ok but not great sad

Years ago ( 15 +) I had major issues with ovarian cysts and then after having my last daughter (12) by c-section and having my tubes tied at the same time the symptoms all went away until now .

I am wondering if the laproscopic surgery could have caused issues ?

I am doubling over in pain today and don't really want to go to Emergency again !

Anyone else have this issue ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Shelly,

?You could be having gas pain from the gas they inject into your abdomen, or just pain from the gallbladder surgery.  It's only been a week since your surgery.  Take the pain meds your doctor gave you.  It will help pain go away.  Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and other liquids.  Walking around the house will help with any gas pains, and once you are feeling well enough to go outside, take a short walk around the block.  Don't forget to get plenty of rest.  Your body is healing, and adjusting to not having a gallbladder.  If the pain persists after another week, then call your doctor.  I had pain well into the third week, but everyone is different in the healing process.  You should be feeling back to normal by the end of the fifth week.

• Posted

Margaret, I just had my gallbladder out a week ago.  The pain from incision is gone but I'm really having difficulty with burping, acid reflux, burning in the pit of my stomach.  It's so uncomfortable.  What is your experience?

• Posted

Also, I wanted to mention that I have had toast with butter for 2 days and I did not feel well.  Will I ever be able to eat butter again?
  • Posted

Hi Shelly,

Sorry to learn that you're going through this.  Because you've just had surgery, I do suggest that you go to emergency.  You should be having moderate discomfort, but not be doubling over in pain.  

If there is any possibility that something has gone wrong, you need medical attention.  

Please let me know how you get on.  

• Posted

Pain after gallbladder surgery seems to be the theme. No one can figure out why I have pain but adhesions from surgery has been brought up. Hope you get answers. I'm going to a massage therapy hoping to feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.