just had my citalopram dose increased feeling bad

Posted , 4 users are following.

im 53 years old and been taking citalopram for depression anxiety and agraphobia for over 10 years now i was on 20mg but just over 2 weeks ago had my dose increased to 30mg im now feeling very emotional with feelings of suicide and despair can anyone tell me will this get easier?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Why was you dos increased?
    • Posted

been having a few more problems my partners epileptic and her fits have worsened lately making my anxiety levels higher told the doc and they recommended it to me not been coping well
  • Posted

That's been because you are experiencing all the side effects from when you first went on it

eventually that will stabilise but not without this rough ride 

did you really need to increase your dose or would you have been better promoting g self help skills coping strategies for yourself?

medication is not the sole answer 

thats not meant to sound sound cruel at all

i speak from personal experience 

good luck 

• Posted

tried all kinds of different things im afraid my problems have been around a long time thanks for the input though ile stick with the meds
    • Posted

Oh yes I totally agree. Stick with the meds I should never have come off mine in 2014 ask then suffered until forced togoback on in jan

I truely believe I had a chemical imbalance for years

I was just wondering if yr Gp would send you on one of the NHS group CBT type courses

I did one and I felt it helped

Not strong to stop me needing Cit but I employ the coping skills taught me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.