Just had my gallbladder removed still feel pain.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago and I am experiencing sharp to dull pains everyday for the last three days. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I had mine move about the same time as yours and I have been fine no pain etc. You may have a stone left in but it common to have these pain after. try watching your diet but contact your PCP and make a follow
    • Posted

What would you recommend in terms of diet? Thanks for your comment. smile
  • Posted

HiĀ 

it's difficult to say as pain is relative.. If you had a stone left in your bile duct I think you would be in agony ...vomiting etc..

you must remember you have internal stitches your gallbladder has been removed and you are healing . It takes 6 weeks to heal internally your abdominal muscles will take about 3 months to gain their strength again..

try not to use your abdominal muscles for 6 weeks ..I was told not to drive but I swept the floor a week after my op and had pains and aches and felt rough for a few days. So try not to worry. Be careful . And if you get agony ring an ambulance ...

• Posted

Yes i experienced this and 12 months on i still am. I hope yours settles down
    • Posted

Good to know sorry about your discomfort. I hope it does too it is annoying not sure what I can and cannot do at this point.
    • Posted

If you feel concerned or develop any further symptoms i would recommend seeing your doctor to be on the safe side. After visiting this website i have learnt im not the only one still suffering i have peoples replies interesting and have learnt a few things i hope u feel better soon
  • Posted

Yes..............could be some residual grip in duct area which I understand is not unusual and which can resolve itself. You need to revisit your surgeon for consultation.
  • Posted

I was told by the surgeon that I may stillhave pain like I did before the op. Give it a few more days and if it persists consult your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.