Just had my Pre Op Appointment !!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I just thought I would type up details of my pre op appointment that I have had today, ready for my op in two weeks, to remove my gall bladder. I have now had 2 emergency cases since Jan08 lost just above one stone in weight :D yeahhh

I have spent just under 4hrs at my hospital 2day we had a good chat about my op/bloods etc The nurse described the op has think of your gallbladder as your handbag, someone takes it away and you would feel annoyed!! and she said thats how my insides would feel for maybe 2 weeks or so sad she explained about have diarohea and this may last around two weeks or so. I have several leaflets to read, and I must say I'm feeling very nervous, but I must remember the pain I have been in and the gall bladder must be removed!! [color=blue:afa427aeda][/color:afa427aeda]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle

Please try not to worry. I had my Gall Bladder out 18th March as I put in my experience and I have not had diarrhea. I've had no bad effects at all. OK so it's sore for a couple of weeks but what is that when you get your life back. I'm having fish and chips tonight, something I couldn't have had for at least 5 months before, not even a chip!

I'm appalled by some peoples experience's and am just so thankful I had great treatment and I would say to them pester the Doc's/Consultants, keep going to A/E.

Good luck Michelle, trust me you will be fine, please let us know how you are.

• Posted

I had my gallbladder out yesterday and Im not feeling too bad at all, good luck with yours smile
  • Posted

if your gall bladder is causing you problems and emergencies then you are right to get rid of it! mine went just under 2 years ago and i dont regret it. i never suffered diahorrea, but a friend of a friend did but it resolved after a month and she was able to resume a normal diet. since the op i have been able to eat a normal diet - i am trying to stick to a low fat diet - i lost 4 stone waiting surgery - but to know i can go out for a curry or pizza if i want to without crawling about in pain for 6 hours is worth its weight (and wait) in gold. good luck :D

dr spook - glad your op went well :D

• Posted

Just one thing that is bothering me, which I forgot to mention on my posting yesterday, they said I would have drain on when I come out of theatre that freaked me out a little, has anyone else had one of these??

Also I was expecting to come out the same day, I was told I would need an over night stay!!

Thankyou for your postitive postings Dr Spock & Marsey x[color=darkblue:7a76ea26b5][/color:7a76ea26b5]

• Posted

i would not worry about the drain, i had one in at it came out within 24 hours . the only problem it caused me was remembering to take it with me when going for a wonder. i would not worry too much about the possibility of haven open surgery as they are telling you to prepare for an overnight stay as an open op would require more than one night. often lap cases are done as a day case but if you are late on the list or the list is planned for an afternoon a overnight stay is needed. often people will be warned of the possibility of an overnight stay as they will be able to stay longer if they are not ready to go.

i was unlucky enough to have an open op - i was booked in as a day case - the other day case for that day also stayed in untill 6pm the following day and he had no complications he just did not feel comfortable leaving before.

good luck and dont worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.