Just had some results back

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi my name is Chris and I'm 33 years old.

I have been feeling really wrong for about 3 months now, depressed, also my anxiety is terrible combined with ADHD is a nightmare, I've had 2 trips to the hospital with BP and tacky. 170/105 PR140. They investigated it and found no issues and I was advised to get my thyroid checked by the time I left hospital I had normal obbs.

I had my bloods done and the results are (12.3 T4)( TSH 8.07) and (TPO 764.5). The doctor first said come back after a year for a retest, but I got cross and they said they will recheck after 8 weeks.

Is this consistent with guidelines and what is the possible diagnosis. Thank you all in advance sorry I'm just blurting this out its just I'm very anxious.

Thank you chris

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris,sorry to see you've not had any replies.I can't directly help you,but an article came up on the thyroid problems facebook site(which you have to be a thyroid patient to join).Don't know if this will help but google 'Why routine blood tests often fail to detect low thyroid function'.Hope this gives some information useful to you.Gill
    • Posted

Thanks Gill, I will have a look now.. Thanks again for getting back to me that is very kind of you

Chris

• Posted

Hi Chris. Your TSH seems very high, T4 seems at the low end and the antibody test looks very high. Can you get the ranges from your doctor? Doctors tend to prescribe according to blood tests and ranges rather than clinical presentation. What is BP with tacky? You should not have to wait a year if you are feeling so ill.
    • Posted

Hi thanks Scazzoh,

HB= high blood pressure and tacky is a fast pulse. i think because my bloods came back TSH 8.7 they were trying to avoid prescribing me medicine if over 10 I'm told it's no problem. I've seen on the results below 5. I'm not going to let it lie though. I've got good advice here and from thyroid UK that the results are consistent with Hashimoto's.

They will be seeing me every other day until the take me seriously lol.

Thank you for your reply

Chris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.