Just had today my rectocele surgery!!!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi Ladies, nice to say hello so soon after my op this morning.

I admit that I was too scared cos I have been reading lately so many negative experiences of rectocele op in the forum from some girls (lots of hugs for them!) except for the comments of some ladies such us Carole if I remember well.

I almost postpone the surgery, but my relatives and friends encouraged me to do it 💪🏼

And here I am, in hospital, I had the surgery this morning with local anesthesia and only stitches, not mesh.

Yesterday I couldn't evacuate properly with the enema so my dr told me to take a medicine prescribed for radiological tests. Thanks god it worked and I went to the op completely cleaned.

The surgery has lasted 90 minutes approximately, he fixed the rectocele, removed the stitches I still had from the other op, and removed some small tissue that was hanging from my previous scar.

So everything good except for the pain, it is quite painful and I feel the vagina too tight right now. Thanks to you Ladies i know that the pain is quite normal.

They have given me pain killers but the pain is still there...it's the first day and it was the expected.

See you later girls, the nurse (man) is coming to remove the pack inside... oh my goddddd

4 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good luck Hijadeonagro. You'll be fine but keep taking the pain relief and get lots of rest xx

• Posted

Thanks Matron, I'll do it!

Btw, the nurse has not dared to take out the towel inside, my doctor will come tonight to do it.

Hugs!!

• Posted

I know Matron, the reason is that the nurse can't see the end of the pack...😅. The dr will come tonight for the first check and the nurse hopes he will do it (he did it also in my first op)

• Posted

I wonder where it's gone 😂 Don't you worry about it, just rest xx

• Posted

Hi there !    It will be painful and spasmy for a while but then one day it will all be gone and you will be glad.    I am now 14 weeks A&P hysterectomy and vagina repair.....I feel pretty normal now ....maybe a little lower back ache if I've walked around a lot but nothing I can't deal with, as I know it will all be gone soon.   It feels good and the BM's are normal and just slip out hahahaha rather than the awful strain like before (I guess the prolapse was a kind of kink).     I also had a spinal and never looked back....far nicer than general.   I also had stitches and no mesh.     

Watch a video on how to sit properly for your BM's.  It does make a difference, and comes out easier.....😁

• Posted

Thanks Carole, I'm happy for you, yes, this is a long way trip but I hope I'll be fine in the end!

Hugs!

• Posted

Thinking of you love.rest up and think of a beautiful beach with the sea crashing up against the rocks☺ The sun will shine hun you see.lots of lovexx
  • Posted

Glad you've come through surgery okay. I'm now 12 days post op and feeling so much better and pain is minimal.

Rest properly now so you can heal well x

• Posted

Hello my little Spanish friend! So pleased for you, I will be interested to hear how you get on. Good luck. Xx
    • Posted

Thanks Imnotadoctor, you are so nice as always, I'm at home resting and with pain but a bit less than yesterday. The only problem is that I can't seat... in fact I'm having lunch standing right now... hugs!

• Posted

Glad to hear you are home, I hope your family are looking after you. Hopefully with the Christmas holidays there will be someone there to take care of the cooking etc. for you.

I imagine things will feel a bit tight for a while, do you have to see the doctor again? I'm sure each day you will feel a little better.

Please keep in touch. 😘🎄

Xx

• Posted

Yes, Imnotadoctor I have my next check next 23rd December, I hope not to have to call the doctor before for an urgency.

I haven't gone to the bath yet, I'm a bit scared, the thing is that the day before the op I took a medicine to clean completely the intestines, so I think it's normal not to go in 3 days, bearing in mind that didn't eat for a whole day...but I can't delay it longer... I think I will take carbonatum of Magnesium tonight. He also told me that I can take lactulosa if I prefer but I'm used to the carbonatum, I had to take it after my first op and it works well on me.

Hope it works... hugs!!!!!

• Posted

My hand out said it takes 4-6 days to have a bm usually. It was dead on correct for me. 4 days
    • Posted

Yes I remember after my anterior repair I didn't go for a few days. I was so worried (I didn't know about this website then) they did give me some general information but it wasn't very good.

As you've been through it before you will be better informed this time. Probably best to eat little and often especially as you won't be doing very much. Have lots to drink that will help.

Hope you have a good nights sleep. 😴 X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.