Just had today my rectocele surgery!!!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi Ladies, nice to say hello so soon after my op this morning.

I admit that I was too scared cos I have been reading lately so many negative experiences of rectocele op in the forum from some girls (lots of hugs for them!) except for the comments of some ladies such us Carole if I remember well.

I almost postpone the surgery, but my relatives and friends encouraged me to do it 💪🏼

And here I am, in hospital, I had the surgery this morning with local anesthesia and only stitches, not mesh.

Yesterday I couldn't evacuate properly with the enema so my dr told me to take a medicine prescribed for radiological tests. Thanks god it worked and I went to the op completely cleaned.

The surgery has lasted 90 minutes approximately, he fixed the rectocele, removed the stitches I still had from the other op, and removed some small tissue that was hanging from my previous scar.

So everything good except for the pain, it is quite painful and I feel the vagina too tight right now. Thanks to you Ladies i know that the pain is quite normal.

They have given me pain killers but the pain is still there...it's the first day and it was the expected.

See you later girls, the nurse (man) is coming to remove the pack inside... oh my goddddd

4 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well done you seem to be doing very well considering so early on after the op
  • Posted

Lucky you getting a male nurse, 😅 but really glad lm not the patient!

Vagina will slacken of over the weeks. Anyway bet your glad it's all by and can get on with recovery now. Hopefully recovery will be quicker as just the one repair. You can look forward to being welk recovered by early spring, such a good time to be getting back to some normality!

Happy healing,

Phyl X 💖

• Posted

Hi hijadeonagro,

I hope you doing well.did you have to have this op done again?

My anterior repair failed a few weeks after in April.so upset with this but I now have a wonderful consultant in wales where I'm from and he has amazing reviews off doctors and patients. I just have to wait now that's the hardest thing. I'm dreading that cathatar I hated the feeling.how about you?

Sending you positive healing prayers😘😘

• Posted

Just to butt in here welshgirl. If the catheter is painful or very uncomfortable it's not in correctly or they haven't used enough lubricant. You should hardly know it's there. xx

• Posted

Hi matron, its feels very odd doesn't it.I felt I couldn't move with it In.

Not very pleasant in my experience lol. Couldn't wait to get the thing out of me.x

• Posted

I thought it was uncomfortable, but glad I didn't need to jump up and down to the toilet and it was a bit tickly coming out the 2nd time.

X

• Posted

Yes phyl,thank goodness for that.I could barely move with it in.I have to say I was very aware of it.I can't believe anyone couldn't feel it in. I'm hoping foir a straight forward recovery this time. I have nerves but have faith in my surgeon.xx hope your well lovely?

• Posted

I'm doing OK, thank you Welsh girl, I think some of us have more nerve endings down below than others and therfore can be more sensitive, probably why ladies have different sensitivity in different parts.

Research being done in USA on females and some of us seemingly have more nerve endings than others around vulva area. So that may explain why some of us find it a little more uncomfortable or sensitive than others do.

Phyl x

• Posted

Hi Welshgirl, yes i know your story from other posts.

I had cystocele surgery back in December last year, it was sucessful so far, but a rectocele came out since the surgery and that's what I have been operated now.

I understand you very well, for me is like having the same op done twice, but the best thing to do is to try to get used to the idea of having another op and visualize you after the op. In the meantime try not to forget all the good things we have in live and try not to be too focused in the prolapse. Hugs honey!!!!

• Posted

Welshgirl, I didn't feel the catheter at all. Matron must be right, maybe it was not put properly. For the next time, if you feel it too much, ask the nurse to change it.

• Posted

Absolutely Hijadeonagro. Ladies on my ward always had comfortable catheters 😂 If they complained they did get changed otherwise they could end up with a very sore urethra or an infection x

• Posted

Thanks love. I have accepted it and I see this next op as closer.

I wish you all the best with your recovery. Xxx

• Posted

As I hadn't had a catheter before I was non the wijser matron. It was not painful just weird feeling. You must think I'm a right wim!!

I will know next time though whicvh is good.

• Posted

You're not a "right wim" at all. Anyone who can have prolapse repair is definitely very strong. You should have been asked if there were any problems with your catheter but you weren't to know. You will next time though x

• Posted

Good point Matron! 😂😂😂 I'm sure the ladies under your care were perfectly catheterized!!!

• Posted

If anyone can be perfectly catheterised! 😂 To be honest I have been surprised just how many ladies comment about how uncomfortable their catheter was because it's not something I've come across very often and we always asked patients if there were any problems with the catheter x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.