Just looking to talk to people who might truly understand what I deal with daily...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well the title pretty much explains it....ever since I was young kid I've had a problem with excessively worrying over everything....it was just something that I could never help no matter as hard as I tried not too.....about 10 years ago I talked with a therapist and was diagnosed with depression..since then I've had up and downs of course but here the past 6 7 years I don't feel the depression has been so bad the problem is now I feel I have very severe anxiety...I almost positive I know what has triggered alot of these problems...I'll save that story for another post....I haven't actually spoken with another therapist to be clinically diagnosed with any type of anxiety disorder...but from all the reading and goggling I've done over the past few years I'm pretty sure I know that I have them...I feel I suffer from health anxiety. ..generalized anxiety....and i think all of this is linked to a form of PTSD.....first let me say...I know alot of people especially soldiers and veterans feel they are the only ones who suffer from PTSD...so I'm sorry if I offend any who might read this....anyways sorry for rambling....I just want to talk to people who understand who are kinda dealing with the same thing....it's hard going thru every day feeling this way...in a constant state of torment...just not being able to shake the anxious feelings and the intrusive thoughts....alot of people will talk to you and listen to your problems...but most don't really understand what your going thru and the others start to think you just sound like a broken record...I don't wanna be a burden on anybody by sounding so down on the time....I know this post has been kinda long....but anybody who is willing to read and respond with any type of feedback I greatly appreciate it...and I'm willing to talk to anybody who is looking for the same in just somebody to talk too....thanks

0 likes, 26 replies

Report / Delete

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You can talk to me if you want smile I have spare time on the computer roughly twice a day
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know your feelings. You may need to seek counseling to help talk you through your feelings and help you deal with these feelings.  I can be sure that you are overthinking about the bad characteristics about yourself, For example, I did the dishes and when I was done washing the dishes.  I found a dish that still had food on it.  You tell yourself "I can never do anything right, why do I try?" Well If you look at all the times you ever did dishes, this was the only time that you managed to not get them completely clean.  Thus you are telling yourself and feeling worthless over one time that you didn't get things perfect.  Then think about if you are telling yourself "I can't do anything right" when you do most things.  You are program your conscious to tell yourself this.  When we need to look at it from a different point of view.  We possess this point of view, but sometimes need someone to assist us learning how to overcome this way of thinking.  I recommend something as simple as asking a friend for their point of view regarding your feelings.  If you don't feel you can really discuss this with a friend, seek a counselor that could help.  I wish you peace, and to think better of yourself!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I totally understand your daily torment cos I have it all my life. It wears me out and makes me pretty fed up. It's their everyday no exceptions for Christmas or birthdays just everyday. I think I have same as you generalised and after having not the best starts in life feel that's what triggered it. I used to think everybody felt this as I knew no different ! I have come to terms that I probably never will. I have tried all sorts to help me and like you had iOS and downs. I don't feel depressed. I am fed up with anxiety that's all and hey who wouldn't be ! I have seen posts saying I have had anxiety for three months and I am envious as I have had it so long. I agree with all your comments and can relate to everything. It's exhausting isn't it ? My family sympathise but they really have no idea and I get frustrated at times. But we have to make most of the days and keep fighting to get a better quality of life.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I don't like the word fighting per se.  I have been fighting my whole life, I am now 42.  I rather like to see it as ACCEPTING it.  Anxiety is one of those things that it is not a good idea to fight.  I have read alot about anxiety have suffered from it all my life, but up until 16 years ago I knew what it was.  Learning to accept that I have this disorder, is like some one who has to accept that they have some form of handicap, and make the best with what they can do!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

So if I can ask...how did you accept it ??.like I truly understand it's just the way my mind works and that alot of my thoughts are rather irrational...but when I tell myself this and try to accept it i can't seem to...it does nothing but just make it worse
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's so hard. I just accept this is jus me! I try laugh at it. Not saying I have conquered it but it's not as scary now cos I am 51 so guess I used to it. Don't like it but accept it. I don't expect to feel a different way and know if I won lottery or married George clooney I still feel this way. These days I try step back and say well what will be will be I can do no more. I do often look for reassurance that I have done and said correct thing and when three people say I have I relax. Crazy isn't it.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I will admit that I haven't full accepted.  It is a process, and will be ongoing.  What I have accepted after years of having it, is that I have a mental disorder, like a diabetic has diabetes and has to take insulin.  I was stuggling with the fact that I was flawed, and not so called "normal" like others.  I am now at the the acceptance and understanding that I have to take medications to deal with my depression and anxiety.  I also know that I have to work at being my best friend, and do self talk.  Be more compassionate with myself as I would be with others.  What I have read about my disorders, we have to learn to talk to ourselves as a really good understanding friend would.  Writing in a diary helps.  Writing about those things that are troubling to us, and find the positive by challenging the negative thinking we have going on in our heads, and coming up with more reasonalbe, positive thoughts.  Meditation may help with this acceptence.  Because when you meditate, you are learning to accept the awful, disturbing thoughts that come in our heads.  Learn to not exactly FIGHT them which makes us feels worse, but ACCEPT them.  Learning to be less JUDGEMENTAL towards ourselves.  HOPE this helps!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea it makes a lot of sense...I guess I just kinda look at it as why should I accept feeling this way ? You know...like I know fighting it does nothing but make it worse...I guess I just don't wanna accept the fact that I'm going to feel like this forever
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea it really does...I know people have suggest I try to see a psychiatrist and possibly get prescribed something that might help...I think a lot of it is like what you said i don't wanna feel flawed...I don't wanna feel like that is something "wrong" with me
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well for starters you lying to yourself that you are not going to feel like that forever.  That is part of your anxiety thinking.  Anxiety real core is UNCERTAINTY.  See you are what they call "predicting the future" Do you really possess that ability? See I know exactly how you feel, I have have that when I have anxiety, but what if this time my anxiety doesn't go away and it lasts forever?  Then in turns into a vicious anxiety cycle. When I truely have the power to stop the cycle.  By finding ways to relax so I can think LOGICALLY, think with out all the racing thoughts, etc.  Then I can start finding peace and start challenging those thoughts I had, and disproving them wrong.  I promise you anxiety will not last forever, ask others.  We do find SOME peace, and those are times to reflect and tell ourselves that was anxiety and I can find ways to cope. Hope this helps.  I wish you peace and happiness!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

it is so awful to live in that state of mind, sometimes bieng brave is accepting that sometimes we need help. at the beggining it was dificult for me to accept i had to see a psychiatrist and i can not say i am 100 percent better but at least get to talk to people about my anxiety and lit it out. the fisrt step is always the hardest.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up