Just more bad news...in need of some moral support.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies,

As you know I have a large fibroid (15cm) and a routine scan has shown no change following e smya treatment.

More worrying though, is that they spotted something on my liver during the scan. Obviously I'm really concerned and my mind is working overtime!

I thought my fibroid was my biggest worry. Has anyone experienced something similar? I'm trying to convince myself that it could be damage done by the medication, but I can't find any evidence to support it.

Thanks in advance...

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I had a 9cm Fibroid and had a UFE fine on 8/18/16. I had an emergency room visit in October because I was in SEVERE pain during my cycle. They did a CT Scan and the scan showed that I have a lesion on my liver. Otherwise, my liver is fine. I have never taken esmya.
  • Posted

Hi, no I haven't heard of anything like that being caused by Esmya, the drug just interferes with the progesterone receptor so wouldn't have thought it could influence the liver. 

With a fibroid so big it must be difficult to diagnose anything else clearly in that area. I feel for you, best of luck....

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear this, stay strong and positive. Bless you. I am taking Esmya but I'm only about 10 days into my first month, sorry I cannot help xx

• Posted

Hi, How quickly can they confirm exactly what they can see on the liver, just so your mind can be put at rest.

Are you waiting for another scan or have you had an MRI ?  

Best wishes  

• Posted

Thanks everyone. These fibroids just get you down sometimes!

Waiting on a scan - no date yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.