just need some advice

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone. So i just really need some advice. Lately ive been getting a weak feeling..sometimes on my right sometimes my left. Im terrified its mini strokes. The first time it happened i went to my doctor that dayans he shined a light in my eyes and tested my arm strenght and everything was ok..he said its anxiety..so that was fine...i didnt worrybabout it so much but weeks later its happening again n now im just really worried....im 23 years old and i just need somebody to give me some advice..u know i could be laying down one minute n the next i would get the weakness/numbness and it would make me jump up and then my heart just start beating really hard....so injust really need some advice would be great..thanks.

Rachel Xo

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It does sound like anxiety its so hard to get something out of your head once its in there. Anxiety comes in many diffrent forms. If its debilitating i would suggest seeing a phycyatrist or a therapist. Your only 23 i dont wouldn't worry about strokes if i were you, i must have had every test imaginable done last year then i started taking an anti depressant and after 2 months it got rid of my anxiety but over a year later its coming back so im in the process of increasing my dose.

Good luck and just try to relax even though its eaiser said then done.

• Posted

I just found out that I have a hole in my heart, which is actually very common. The hole can cause something called TIA's. You should google TIA and ask your doctor about that. I'm having a procedure to have the hole closed on December 2nd. The hole, which is called a PFO can cause a lot of crazy symptoms. Good luck to you.
    • Posted

Michelle, tell me more about the procedure you had to fix your PFO. I had a bubble test today, and I won't find out the results until next week, but I want to be armed with as much research and information as I can.

• Posted

Anxiety can cause your body to do some crazy things. I was a my daughter's bball game a few months ago and my whole right side of my face went numb. I immediately knew it was a stroke and that I was dying. I got home and took an ativan which calmed me down. It can be very scary especially when you are so in tune to your bodies "noises". I would ask my pcp for some additional tests if I wasn't pleased. If those came back normal then I would try getting through the anxiety. Good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.