Just need someone to listen...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. Like most of you all I suffer from anxiety. I have since as young as I can remember unfortunately. I just had a beautiful baby boy about 3 months ago and it's been a difficult adjustment. He has colic so my husband and I are constantly on edge waiting for the next melt down. This colic has affect every part of my life, especially sleep. It is very hard for me to fall asleep and when I do go to bed I wake up easily and can't go back to bed. It's so painful because I have two children to care for during the day and I'm not 100% here. I recently went to my Dr about anxiety and he gave me a low dose of Effexor. It helps with iratability but I believe it is also affecting my sleep. I just don't know what to do any more. I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders and my whole family depends on me. Any positive & encouraging thoughts are appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I will happily tell you this colic will be gone within the month. My older daughter, now 22 was very colic and i was a mess from it. Then one night we put her down to sleep and she slept throught the night. It was gone. I remember in the morning i was stunned and thrilled. Literally picked her up and danced through the house. It goes away by monrh four completely. She is a very bright person. People have told me because they are awake a lot more then most babies at that time in their lives they observe more so they end up much brighter then the average child. So hold on its almost all done. Another secret we learned was the infant swing. It quieted the colic down.you cant leave them in there all the time but it will give a break to nap.we also used a pre digested infant formula nutrimigen i not sure thats the spelling. But it does all go away by the first day of month four. Your almost there.  
  • Posted

Hi,I feel for you,my mom used to tell me how hard it was when I had colic as a baby. Hard on my mom and dad and me as a baby. I also suffer from anxiety as well,so I understand that also. The Effexor as you know is an anti depressant,maybe a low dose nerve pill might help although at first they can make you tired. Anyway,hopefully your husband can help you as much as possible in the babys care. Keep your chin up. One day the baby will get rid of the colic and all will calm down. Perhaps if you have suportive family they can also give you some time off and they can care for the baby. Hang in there.
    • Posted

Hey thank you. Im definitely trying. If I could actually sleep I think I'd feel so much better. I'm truly sorry that you suffer with anxiety. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. How long has it been an issue for you?
    • Posted

Probably since grade school,but my first anxiety attack came in my mid 20s. Im now in my fifties and have a health issue that has thrown it into high gear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.