Just need to vent! Health anxiety for 6 years now

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all! It's been a while since I posted anything on here.....mostly because I thought I was doing so much better! Ha! My brain showed me haha I have suffered with health anxiety for 6 years now. I am a 23 year old female. I am so freaking sick of all of it! As I'm sure all of you are! I have been a "worry wart" all of my life. Anxiety is in my genes. Both of my parents have it. My mom also has Borderline personality disorder. So I was bound to get some of it! Each day is a new illness. First it was a brain tumor for about 6 months, I got over that......then it was heart problems (I did have heart surgery when I was a baby but it's all fixed and I go back yearly for checkups so if there was anything wrong at all I would know before it even started haha).......then it was pulmonary embolism, then liver problems.....and so on and so forth. I'm sure you guys know the drill! It just sucks so bad that I get a few months almost completely free of it and then it comes back with a vengeance! I've done therapy and medicine, both of which minimally helped. I just get sooo frustrated! I wish I had a normal brain! Not one that sees only the bad things that could happen in life! Sorry guys for such a rant lol just needed to get that off my chest 😊

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I understand and am the same. Headache? Brain tumor. Stomach ache? Stomach cancer. Bug bite? Hives. Sore throat? Esophagus cancer. Lately I've been scared I have cervical cancer. It's hard, because it makes it almost impossible for me to tell if something is actually wrong, or if it is anxiety related. I'm 24 and look 30 because of all the stress lol.

• Posted

Oh I am so sorry you are going through this! It's awful 😞It's such a stupid vicious cycle. I don't google illnesses anymore. I learned my lesson doing that lol It's just so exhausting thinking you're dying everyday. When I say it out loud it sounds silly. But having health anxiety is by far the worst experience of my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.