Just needed to get off my chest!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm a graves disease sufferer with hyperthyroidism. Today I have felt symptoms creating up all day. Feel run down, exhausted, chest pain, dizzy, headache, irritable, panicky and hot one minute cold the next. Just a chat would be nice with people who have gone through are going through the same. It's so hard. :-(

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Ladykinkavel,

I know exactly how you feel - Graves is like a rollercoaster ride: up and down. I was recently told - and I don't mean to be flippant - that I coped better with my cancer treatment than I am with Graves.

I'm on a stress control course which is helping me sleep a bit better. Just wish I could concentrate better too!

Hope you'll be feeling better soon - are you on treatment?

Stefania

• Posted

I have been ill with hyperthyroidism since June 2011 and was diagnosed with graves disease in October 2011. I started on carbimazole and propranolol. And a year I was started on an antidepressant citalopram. I have now come off propranolol and came off antidepressants around 3 months ago. So just on citalopram. I started reiki before Christmas and find it helps to relax me. Today I just found my symptoms which I had before I was controlled creeping up on me throughout the day. By this afternoon I was under a blanket on sofa. I can't rest though as single mum of 2. It's really hard. I'm so fed up.
  • Posted

So sorry that uve seem to have gone through worse than me. Where did u have cancer. Are u in clear? Did u have graves before then
  • Posted

Hello Ladykinkavel,

Had breast cancer 9 years ago and had the whole caboodle for treatment. I've been told that radiotherapy can bring on thyroid problems. Had hyperthyroid as a teenager and think I may unwittingly have had RAI then, though no-one told me to stay away from close contact with people! It cleared up and only resurfaced after my radiotherapy in 2005.

It must be hard for you to look after 2 children on your own when you're not feeling well. Hopefully Reiki will help you.

Take care,

Stefania

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.