just new tonite.Don't have a clue what's going on anymore... i am so fedup, really bad side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am bloody miserable, past week or so i have been restless as hell. Can't sit and watch a programme, read,for any length of time. I am 49 and freaking perimenopausal to boot.

Having a really hard time painting a happy face for all....i was so ill and just angry/frustrated yesterday i was screaming in pure rage,couldn't control it and then sobbed hysterically after for about an hour. Conteplated jumping from the window and wondering if it would hurt.....

Then my head changed again,and i forgot about it. This on/off,happy/sad stuff is driving me more nuts than what i was before. I can't work because of my depression, and have been on a few tabs in the past,but this is scary stuff that's happening to me and i wasn't sleeping, hadn't slept for three days straight, got a disturbed sleep last night... 

Not sure what's going to happen tonight. But it so exhausting. I have my 18yr old daughter with me,and i am scaring her,but my moods are never thesame in the space of sometimes minutes. 

Please someone advise,or chastise,or just anything. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deborah, and well done for coming here and seeking help.

How long you been on these meds and howlong you felt like this?

• Posted

God..... Sorry i forgot. Just been introduced to them a few weeks back by psych,talk of using a"mood stabiliser" she said "incase these dont work....."promising to hear that fromher i must say!! 

Weaned off venlafaxine 225mg, got horrible side effects with them,but did it properly. But what i did find strange was i had the to take both tabs at once at one point, anyway,i am on 15mg daily. Which i have to take at night,and they were giving me a lovely sleep,i was heavy lidded in a.m but rested. Now,..well, you saw what i wrote!! It's like am living in my own real life nightmare day after day. 

Oh,and thanks for taking an interest am at my wits end 

• Posted

Some psychs actually prescribe these and venlafaxine to be taking together as they have worked well in combination, so it is safe to take them.

I'vecame off ven before and know the withdrawls, so well do having made it past them..

When are you back at the psych?

• Posted

Hi had to come off hrt but think that a normal doc visit due right enough, but with xmas,kids,family shopping you know the script..... But al docs do is smile at me patronisingly like they are humoring me!! 

• Posted

That's part of the menopause, I thought I was going mad till the blood tests came back as hormone levels were high. I was given HRT and this did help.

But, its not going to be for life, keep that in mind and see GP for HRT medication. Xx

• Posted

Ghhhh
    • Posted

And just to say our depression is in the family! My mum suffers,and my has had mental breakdowns in the past. I have had this stuff since i was in early 20s with birth of 1st child. Undiagnosed post natal,since thrn i have never really been on top of it. You name the med i have been on it,and all te therapeutic inbetweens to boot!!!
  • Posted

Hi Deborah, sorry to here how your feeling. What if anything are you taking at the mo?

Drugs aside, I know how you feel a bit the happy face. I do the same but it will wear you down so Mayne try and be honest with more people you may be surprised with the support they give.

When you feel ragey go out for a walk if you can. Or maybe exercise at home. This will help burn of the adrenaline. Also take long deep breaths in the nose, God to the sound of 5 and out throw the mouth. So this at least ten Times but more if needed.

Rage is a natural reaction. I have often flipped between rage and despair. They are 2 sides of the same coin and the body's natural reaction to feeling threatened. Whatever your feeling it's for a reason and normal.

• Posted

Hi Deborah

Sorry to hear your predicament. It is good that you have family around you and it would seem that they are people who might understand because they have their own MH issues - although that might make them focus on their own rather than yours.

Do you have any day centre you can go to or regular activities that you can attend. Do you swim, play badminton? Do you paint or draw?

Do you have a care coordinator or social worker that can help you to locate these, even go to the library with you to source these.

In my area there is a course at the local college for people with MH issues. It is 2 years full-time. It gave me a regular timetable when I was very ill - I went there when I came out of hospital.

But don't be too hard on yourself. In the morning the sedative effect of mirt was such that I couldn't function properly.

Good luck. Keep in touch.

Nick

• Posted

Hi Deborah, I see you have not been back for a few days, are you ok???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.