Just over 2 weeks on fluoxetine!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Feeling so weak and fed up this morning! No energy what so ever😩 My stomach is like a washing machine😩 Just want to be better!!!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Stay positive and keep fighting you got this I to am having a rough morning but as the days go by hopefully we will all feel better and back ourselves
  • Posted

Mornings were the worst for me - once I was up, showered, I'd go for a gentle walk, come home and have a little breakfast.  As the day wore on for me it got better.  Trying to do things is better than sitting.  Yoga is good too - gently though.

You will get over this - each week can be different.

Perseverance ....... 

K xx

• Posted

Yes I'm gonna try and do little bits today! I don't want to sit around! I'm having my hair done tomorrow dreading it but my mam will be with me. I know I will feel better for it! It's worst feeling in the world when you want to wake up and feel better but it just don't seem to be happening and it's really starting to get to me x

• Posted

Its annoying and frustrating, but try not to get impatient with it ;-)  Remember if you had a broken leg it would take a long time to heal - so too does this wretched illness.

It is the hardest thing I've ever had to overcome - and it hit me double time because my son had a breakdown 2 years ago and that was heartbreaking.  We're all recovered now smile smile  ...... and so will you too.

You will get there xxxxxx

• Posted

I just feel so ill and weak😩 Hope so i am being patient just hard x
    • Posted

It can make some people feel very ill.

What dose are you on?  If you feel very ill you could ask your doctor to reduce your dose whilst your body gets used to it, and then increase back to this dose?  

Patience is the last thing you need too - but you do need to wait whilst your body adjusts sad

An emergency duvet on the sofa is nice - curl up in it with some TV, sleep, read etc ......

K xx

• Posted

20 mg Im on! I was on lustral for 9 days then doctor switched me to fluoxetine and it's 14th tablet today still cannot face food!

• Posted

Mmmm 20mg is a fairly low dose - the maximum is 80mg.  Lustral (Sertraline) is another type of SSRI - why were you swapped - was it the side effects too?

A lot of people do struggle with nauesea and no appetite for a while when first taking these, but it does wear off.  When my son was on them he looked quite gaunt - when I made him meals I'd just give him a 1/4 of what he normally ate.  Sometimes he'd just have a small bit of icecream or even soup - liquids are good.  A tiny morsel is better than nothing, as not eating anything can make you feel quite weak too.

Some people have replacement shakes or Ensure which is a fortified liquid drink whilst feeling off their food.  This will pass soon - and your appetite will return.

K x

• Posted

I was on 50mg lustral yer side effects couldn't cope with them the being sick but I haven't been sick with the fluoxetine but can hardly eat nothing yes I have drinks of the chemist I have one a day! They got everything in them! Yer that's the thing I feel weak jelly leged and I looked ghostly last week no colour to me atall xx

• Posted

The jelly leg feeling is also somthing I'm going threw and I hate it . Get a lot of sleep that what been helps me but I can't always sleep because of this medcine change . Hang in there

• Posted

I'm the same! I wake up like 3 times each night if I wake up I cannot get back to sleep! Yes i carnt eat tidy either so that might be why my legs are like jelly and feel weak?? Hope your ok x

• Posted

My son was the same on Fluoxetine - he lost loads of weight.  As the meds kicked in though, he began to sleep and eat ....... his appetite was insatiable and put on weight!! :-D  Now he's off the meds his weight has returned to normal.

Some people are more sensitive to meds than others, and some meds suit some people more than other types of meds.  I had some nausea, which actually felt like morning sickness with pregnancy - and that's something you have to cope with for 9 months sometimes with no choice wink

Next week things might be so different for you - or even the week after.  You could be so nearly over the sickness, so if you did decide to give up you'd never know what next week would bring.

I know its a different sickness, but when I was on a cruise 2 years ago we had dreadful seas for sometime of the holiday.  We were recommended to drink fizzy ginger ale, and to my amazement it stopped me feeling ill - my husband too and he was quite sick.  The ginger helps sickness and the fizz helps with any gasses (sorry if that sounds horrid biggrin).  Its something to try anyway.

Jelly legs is probably a combination of not getting the proper nutrition and I'd reckon mostly from having anxiety.  It makes you feel weak and shaky.

Before I knew anything about this illness I was terrified of what was happening to me.  Understanding what happens physically was so enlightening.

K xx

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Been to have my hair done today! I didn't Want to go because I feel so weak but I did it! glad I went?? Yes I'm not eating hardly nothing only one meal a day around 6 clock so that might be why my legs feel heavy and weak! And stomach is still the same but I'm pushing through it and drinking plenty of fluids! X

• Posted

Books?  Seriously? ......  

ok

• Posted

Well done!!  A small step - such an achievement biggrin  Yes probably not getting the right nourishment might be why you're feeling so weak.  That's good you're drinkling plenty of fluids ..... have you tried soup too?

I did recommend some books in my last post to you that you might find interesting and help you through this difficult time, but seems even books aren't allowed to be suggested that might deem to help people.  These books have nothing to do with me, the authors are unrelated to me and I don't benefit from them at all - I purely like to suggest help for people.  Seems I've suggested these too often now and EMIS MODERATOR deleted part of my post to you .... ho hum.  I can private message you if you're interested in these.

K xx

• Posted

How can you private message me? Would be great?x
    • Posted

Top right of this page by your name, you'll see My Messages.  Can private message each other from there.

I'll try and send you one.

• Posted

Just messaged you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.