Just over a month on 20mg and having a wobble.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone and happy new year. Increased cit to 20mg a month ago. Had a reasonably good festive season with the masses. Back to work yesterday rolleyes. I seemed to be doing ok, but the last week has been a bit wonky. Still no appetite, fatigued and nausea back in waves.I am so hoping the weeks ahead bring some radical change as I am considering a job change. Wish this headache would go away too. Just miserable today. How is everyone else doing? Is a month too early to expect to be bouncing around? Lee. 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lee

It sounds like you are doing really well and yes it's quite normal to feel better then have a wobble as its the meds settling down! They say 6-8 weeks to see an improvement but much longer to be better! I'm nearly 13 weeks in and I've been good then not so good then good again, appetite is coming back and anxiety still creeps in but not as bad so you are doing really well after a month! Take the rough with the smooth is what a lot of people on here has taught me and that is so true, well done so far and keep going xxxx

• Posted

Thank yo so much  Foxy polly for the encouragement. Some days feel more manageable than others. Good to hear tour appetite is coming back, and I will hold onto that advice...taking the rough with the smooth. x Lee.
  • Posted

Hi Lee, I'm not sure how long you have been on cit in total, but 1 month is very early days to be seeing huge improvements. I'm at about 10 weeks and still not back to my old self - I've made some improvements but still have ups and downs throughout the day. My nausea went after about a month and the main issue that plagues me now is residual anxiety and periods of low mood. Hang in there and stay strong Lee, the meds will work eventually. It is a slow process but we will get there in the end. You're not alone in this, sending you best wishes and hugs.
    • Posted

Hugs right back Sourgirl. Hanging in there, and hoping the nausea goes away soon. I am so glad to hear you have made some progress even though it may not feel it during the ups and downs. I was on 10 mg for 5 months until the Dr increased my dose to 20mg in early December. Thanks so much for your response, and take care and keep us posted on how your'e doing Lee . 😜
    • Posted

Will do! It is so helpful too have the support of this forum and to know we are not alone with these difficulties. I think your side effects from the increased dosage will taper of very soon. Do you always take your tablet with food, that may help a bit with your nausea. Try to eat little and often, anything you fancy. When my nausea was at its worst I just lived on toast and marmite for about 2 weeks! It is important to stay strong and take care of yourself. Hugs x
  • Posted

was 6-8 weeks for me. I drank giner tea and found that helped with the nausea though
    • Posted

I know everyone is different, but that gives me hope that I'm half way there. Thanks el shiz. drinking loads of ginger beer too. Will look for some tea tomorrow. Cheers. Lee.
  • Posted

Hi Lee, just being nosey, why did the Dr up you to 20? I'm wondering if I need to increase from 10 or give it a bit longer xxx
    • Posted

Hi Marf, was doing just ok on the 10mg, but the Dr and I agreed that I would be better off on a more therapeutic dose of 20mg. Was still having low mood periods and a bit of anxiety. Initially I was reluctant to increase the dose, but will follow the doctors orders and when I feel back to my old self will hopefully be able to decrease. Really the 10mg was just not enough for me. I rook the 10 mg for 5 months. How long have you been on 10mg Marf? 
    • Posted

I took the 10mg!!! Sorry about the typos. Also, I remember Katecogs saying we need to give it a few months to settle on a dose before we start jumping around with doses. Let us know how you are doing x Lee.
    • Posted

Thanks for answering xx about 12 weeks, so maybe I'll give it a bit longer and see what happens xxx
  • Posted

Good Morning Lee,

You have your answer Lee. Every reply is right and I hope you keep them and re re-read them as they are a good daily prayer or mantra (for want of better words, if there are any) to have.

Not only are you appearing to do ok, but at the same time you, yourself, must remember this illness, however caused, is something you cannot dictate to, and Cita works for everyone in different ways, it takes as long as it takes! You can say time is the healer, but no good without a little help from ourself, our friends Cita, the Forum and our life and most importantly, usually these days, our lifestyle.

"Sticking plasters for the brain" are to heal not to get us from one place to another or mask problems. Perhaps the thought of returning to work after a nice family embracing gap, also now the actual return, has thrown up some issues you need to address? You cannot hope things will change as you hope if you do not stop and re-evaluate your situation as it is right now.

I came here with work related stress 13 months ago and I listened and learned. I realised I need to do some self preservation and so, I have given up smoking, cut down dramatically the drinking (well, everything in moderation, even moderation itself! Lol!), only eat seafood and loadsa veg, salads etc. I removed myself from that which was making me ill (work) and have returned to art, crafts, writing and decorating (which is very theraputic from the first idea right through to completion). We (Ann and I) are by no means anything more than down to earth ordinary, hard working people and now money is tight, but do you know, love goes a long way to supporting us all when times are hard. It is not just our love, but the love and understanding from others too. Family, Friends and Forum! Mind you, the hard working lifestyle, in my last job, working for a charity caring for others, brought me here due to sh*te upper management and poor board direction. Never before had I suffered from anything like this, not even during my air force career or other civi jobs, but then after 6 years of giving my all, BANG! Meltdown time!

Sometimes you just have to take yer hands of the rudder, go with the flow and of course you just don't stop baling because you removed most of the water from a leaky boat, if you haven't fixed the holes first! Some mornings I didn't feel like getting up so I stayed under the duvet, sometimes I got up and curled up under the duvet downstairs (we always keep one there, in case of emergencies!) and it took me a while to get out and about again (and I don't mean to the pub) - panic attacks and anxiety - who me?

So, after 13 months do I think I should be better? Nope. I hoped to be, I may even be a little, but I listened to the forum and glad I didn't expect too much. I am getting there slowly and gradually. I am stronger mentally without doubt well, better than I was, especially after two worrying illnesses last year (one of which meant a spell in hospital) two family bereavements (one being my older borther and mentor) and my youngest daughter going through some crap as well (I won't go there at the moment)!

What I am trying to say to yourself and all that may read this is, please you must give it time, don't expect anything, don't hope to return to "normal" whatever that is? Especially, don't return to that which made you ill in the first place and finally "Welcome to the Club!"

As always, keep reading, keep posting (no matter what's on yer mind) and keep keeping on!

Best Regards and here is to a better New Year for all of us!

Take it easy Lee.

David

• Posted

Hi David, thank you for the perspective. I was wondering where you were as you posted frequently and gave a lot of encouragement when I reluctantly started 10mg about 6 months ago. I am sorry to hear about your brother and the other crap life brings with it at times. Itis good to hear that you and Ann are well, and that you have made progress, even if it is not the lightening bolt we all hope for in the beginning. So it looks like I may be lurking and posting for a while, and do so appreciate the advic, and will do my best to go with the flow. Thanks so much, Lee.
    • Posted

Good Morning Lee,

Thanks for your words. We are in UK however, it doesn't matter if you're not in UK, as we now have forum friends from many places over this world, even though t'is I that you'll find here mostly.

You are right, lightening bolts, that make a difference to us very rarely happen in either respects! So, there you go another step forward in understanding your illness, way to go Lee!

What I have found is that after college and then working for nearly 40 years (WHAT! Where did that go?!) I had a meltdown. Because of the system that cares nothing for no one, except profit,of course, one I admittedly was caught up in and a false lifestyle which keeps us all in check within in the system. That is why there are so many of us suffering, whatever age. Bullying is one of those things at the centre of all this and is indemic throughout UK. You only have to look at the government to see how it is perpetuated down through the fabric of society and everyday life. Sadly my youngest daughter Charlotte Megan, is a recent vicitm of that and has self harmed. We are dealing with it and I want the school to care, not just for her, but other kids and not their stats and success rates, but the young people who will be joining the rest of us, but hopefully not as some of us are.

Prevention is far better than cure, not that there will people who won't have problems and need help and guidance there will be, but it will make the difference.

The difference for me is that I ain't going back into that system again! I don't want to get back "to normal" because that "norm" was what put me here in the first place and that was not the real me! No one has to be in our situation in a proper caring society and it isn't that difficult to change things. Ghandi said, "you must be the change you wish to see in the world" We for two are being that and because of our now focused attitude to life people are drawn to more open honest debate.

We do not hang around High Streets with boards, waving holy books or shove messages through peoples doors, we just want people to see by the example we live that we are caring, sharing, all inclusive, have no "isms" and are standing up for humanity - which by the way IS NOT a resource! Human Resources used to be called "Personnel", now that just goes to show how pathetic this outdated system is. The other thing to think about is we have got rid of the Looney left and it is way past the time that we got rid of the reckless right!

Anyway Lee, bet you wished you never asked! Lol! I couldn't go out this morn, what with feeling cr*p and the buzzing however (obviously) I have got up, had a coffee and now feel much better, thanks to you. See, it works both ways and something to remember that we can effect each other in positive ways and not just negative ones.

Hope you have a good weekend. And as a lot of us are now saying here "stay dry!"

Best Regards,

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.