Just rejoined.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I had a lot of problems with my health last year & lost touch with the site. I have qiute poor physical health & it has lead to my being depressed & on Citilopram for the last 4 years or so. I had a horrendous low only last week, followed by a buzzing high, which I am still on. I heave felt great in the mornings, in spite of having to sleep on a chair downstairs for the last 3 months. I hope my own problems can enable me to help & encourage others who are far worse than I. I am so glad to be back online. Lee. 

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Lee, welcome back and i am sorry your suffering with physical problems as well as your mental health. I am the same as you in that i suffer physical problems as well as mental health. I know the two go hand in hand. I am also on Citalopram thou only for for the last 9 months. Like yourself i like to help others who are worse off and rarely post about my own problems. I will say to you thou i am on a low at the moment as one of my daughters is not speaking and i felt very hurt yesterday being mothers day. A male friend of mine is in hospital with pneumonia, he was in a bad way and i got the ambulance, he could of died as he is type one diabetic and was nearly in a coma when i found him. Anytime you want to talk you can mess me as i understand physical and mental health. Take care.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth. 

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth. Thank's for your reply. I am so sad to hear about your falling out with your daughter. I do hope things can be patched up soon. Life's like that I suppose, but it still hurts. I don't have children, my mum used to say "you have none to make you laugh, but none to make you cry". It is what it is. Talk any time, Lee. 

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth I am sorry to hear about your daughter.   It makes it worse on Mother's Day doesn't it?  I hope the 2 of you will be speaking again soon.  

Well done for saving your friend's life.  I hope he recovers soon and is back at home.   Take care

Bev xx

• Posted

Thanks Lee. Anytime you want to talk here most days. Take care.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Hello Bev, Thanks for message. My friend has pneumonia but is doing well in hospital. Going later to see him. 

How are you keeping?

Elizabeth xx

• Posted

Nice to see you back Lee but not good that you have been so poorly.   You seem to be getting along well now despite your problems and I really hope this continues for you.  Take care and look after yourself.

Bev x

• Posted

Welcome back.  Hope you stay.  Oh gosh why do you sleep on a chair?  Is it to do with your health?  Last weekj I was on a low too, and it is so difficult to cope with isn't it?  I find mornings are always awful and things improve as the day goes on. 

I have coped with depression for many, many years, and cope as best I can.  I was really bad when first diagnosed, but have given up anti depressants and trying to cope, and I reckon I now feel same off the medication as I did on.  I had ups and downs with anti depressants and have them now.  I think they really helped in the beginning, and reckon I would not be here now if I had not taken them.  It is a big decision to see if we can cope without.

Take care Lee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.