Just started 10 mg of Prozac

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi-long story short, got off of lexapro about a week ago and Started Cymbalta about 16 days ago (cross tapered) Started at 20 mg for a week and 30 mg for a week. I was feeling really jittery so my doc lowered it to 20 mg and added 10 mg of prozac. I don’t do well with high doses, so she thought that this could help reach higher dose level without side effects. Has anyone heard of this? It’s only been two days w combo but I’ve been feeling very anxious and still jittery. Could it be the start up effect? When should I feel the 20 mg. Thanks!

0 likes, 83 replies

83 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

why did you stop the Trazadone I am on 75 or 50.
    • Posted

i think it's causing me to be dizzy. i am not sure, just experimenting to see but last night was terrible, i couldnt sleep and ended up taking 1 mg of ativan and some unisom and still had issues. so, not sure what i will do tonight. hard to function @ work today. 

• Posted

I was on cymbalta 60 mg for 10 yrs worked perfectly then it just stopped working my doc put me on 20mg Prozac I'm in week 10 at 60mg still having anxiety I'm really tired and chest pains. In the morning when I wake up my anxiety is out the roof and I take .5 Ativan. I feel like this Prozac isn't working I mean it's been 10 weeks and still having all these issues

• Posted

HI I am only on 12mg of prozac, with bad side effects week 12, not sure how you are coping on 60mg, I am tired with low back pain and hotness, shakeing in

Side as well, I have red alot of people cope on only 20mg well, I am booked to see a psychiatrist will see what he says,

• Posted

i actually stopped taking the proz. it was too stimulating for me--so so jittery, even at a tiny dose. do you think 60 mg is too high? i dont know?? i am on 20 mg of cymbalta and i feel like it isnt doing much, my doc added 2 mg of abilify and it has seemed to help kick start things. so, you had a good experience w cymbalta? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.