Just started 5 days all

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Started taking CIT 4 days ago and take it on a night, not sure what is the best time to take it. Can't eat, lost pounds, can't sleep, its quite scary through the night tossing and turning. Feel anxious, sweaty all the time. Any advice appreciated x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, you have only being on Cit for 4 days, it does take 6 - 8 weeks for the Cit stabilise in your system. The side effects your experiencing are normal and will subside in a couple of weeks. It is worth sticking to it as the benefits will be worth it. I couldn't eat and lost weight in the begining, my anxiety was increased and sleep was difficult. I take mine in the morning, i started at night but the GP said morning was better. What dose are you taking? I manage on 10mg thou was started on 20mg. My panic attacks stopped within a few weeks and anxiety now is at an all time low. Give it time, it is not easy at first, but worth giving it time.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

I started about 3 weeks ago, and I am finally sleeping through the night. Almost all of the side effects are gone now, but I experienced everything you listed. It's hard at first, and I hated people telling me to stick it out. I never thought it would get better... But they were right. It did get better. Keep posting so we can keep supporting you!
  • Posted

Hi Janstu22,

The only thing is to give it time I'm afraid, this is a long term medication it wont happen overnight but after some weeks you will see major improvement in mood and level of happiness most people get side effects such as you have descrived which in the grand scheme of things are worth managing compared to being depressed or anxious. Keep fighting you will get there wink 

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up