Just started chest pain, feel nervous or butterflies feeling in my chest, hands and feets feel heavy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all....I really need talk as how to get rid of it...as when I'm busy it starts to feel less. But when I'm sitting down and thinking about it, it comes back again and had it for 3 days and feel it getting worse. Worry that I'm gonna die or pass out anytime!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

And my vision looks very clear and lightheaded...my heart beats faster than usual. I can sit and relax but I'm not stress or anything. I got a new job and everything is going well at home. What is it???

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Im 17 and ive been having chest pain and burning for 3 weeks its in my arms and shoulder and jaw thats been getting worse i went to the er a few times and they said it was just my anxiety but i have an appointment with the cardiologist this tuesday and if he tells me everything is ok ill just have to believe it. My advice for you is if it bothers u this much go to a doctor and if everything checks out work to manage it and go to therapy. I find going to church always helps me calm down. Hope the best for you
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Keeping busy is the best thing to do. Having time to overthink encourages anxiety. I tried meditation. This taught me to accept my feelings of anxiety, rather than punish myself for having them. I have also been to a doctor and a psychologist for my anxiety and would highly reccomend seeking professional advice as although this is a hard first step, it was the best thing I ever did and is really helping me cope with anxiety.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You need a clear understandinig if what you are dealing with. Utube has a ton of bideos to explain a panic disorder and a panic attack. Knowledge is very useful in all this. It lessens the fear aspect. After you honestly understand what your deling with look uo mindfullness breathing on utube. It works in calming you down a bit. Th goal at some point is to actually surrender to it. Just surrender mind and body. Lay in the ground, if your home and say this is anxiety and this is an adrenaline rush and i surrender i a, not scared of it. And lay there deep breathing. The actual panic attack cycle 10-15 min. Adrenaline cycle is done and if you surrendered to it. Youll feel a bit off but okay and gonhave a large glass of water and go about your day. It recycles if you feed it. Fear it, give it thought it will worsen and recycle rememeber this is happening because your mind decieded you are in danger so if you dare feed into it and make it feel like its correct yes it will recycle over and over. Thats why i say you must learn what this is and how it works. There are tons of books on anxiety and oanic attacks, even a cbt workbook which is nice. There are podcasts too. The internet has a lot of greath help if you look for it.  This wont kill you. If you faint youll recover and get up, but it wont kill you. Theres always therapy as well.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up