just started mirtazipine

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello, i have been on mirt for three nights 15 mg, i was on fluo, but had terrible reaction to it, i was terrified to take another anti depressant, but after a week of stopping that awful fluo, i had little choice as i felt terrible with depression and panic attacks, had to get ambulance three times in two weeks for panic attacks in house and i am on my own here, i was really scared,this drug mirt helps me sleep, but i still sometimes feel on the verge of having a p attack now and then,but it hasnt came yet thank god, my blood pressure was sky high from that bloody fluo and i am still shaky and legs are weak, how long does this drug take to make me feel better, does anyone know?and are the side effects less frightening than that fluo, i hate that drug so much, it has put me through hell for nearly two weeks, i hate its name. thankyou for any advice or imformation, and good luck to all of us.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am 65 taking mirt.  5 weeks to get to just over 15mg.  Lower doses more sedating than higher.  Doc wants me on 30 as sedation is less and more effective for anxiety.  Was really worried about this med but I was running anxiety 24/7.  Now things are better and I will make my way up.  Please remember it is not just medication your anxiety will cause you lots of problems, it likes to play with your brain. Take Care
    • Posted

thanks ruth, i also have anxiety, i am feeling fine right now, but i am not counting my chickens before they hatch, this evil disease has a way of coming on when one least expects.the 15mg helps me sleep quite well, it was lack of rest and sleep for years that brought me near to a mental breakdown, hopefully this med will gain me back the rest and sleep i have lost over the years and heal my tired brain, i stopped sleeping properly 5 years ago after my husband died, i never got over him and never will. we went everywhere together like great friends, then bang all on my own, it was and is a lonely struggle, but somehow we push through, anyway hopefully i will feel better soon, andi hope you get well also, kind regards, queen70128.
  • Posted

Hi,

I have been taking fluoxetine and mirtz for over 10 months now. For the first 5 weeks I went through hell and back with anxiety, no sleeping and terrible panic attacks. I felt totally a different person. I had no appetite and lost weight, but mirtz does tend to give you an appetite after a while, so I did gain some weight. Anyway, after 6 weeks I went back to normal and feeling great. I am actually tethering off the mirtz now, I have reduced down to a quarter 7.5mg. Will be off them in another week or so, but am still taking fluoxetine 20mg, which I will stay on indefinitely. I hope you get better soon. Hang on in there, you will be back to normal soon. Believe me I thought I wld never get better, but you will do.

Take care Deborah

• Posted

thankyou deborah, i hope i do get better soon, the mirt is helping me get the sleep and rest i desperatly needed, but in the day i still sometimes feel i may go into a panic attack, but thank god it hasnt come yet, they are terrifying, when i feel a bit strange i take a few drops of that rescue remedy, its bach flowers herb remedy, it does help to calm you, anyway thanks again for your encouragement, i hope you stay well, god bless. xxx
  • Posted

HI Queen

Has it ever gone into my mind that what you are feeling now is withdrawals from fluoxetine??? If you ride it out you will be able to live a drug free life. WIth Mirtazapine you never now... it might work for 3-4 weeks and then you might need to raise up the dossage.

If i was you I would stop right now and find other natural ways to deal with my problems. Eating well, taking supplements and magnesium for sleep will do the trick. Anyway if you think it will be easier by using pills than so be it. For me MIrtazapine was really bad and i am slowly weaning off now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.